Author Topic: BSG Soundtrack S4  (Read 13108 times)

The current plan is for a soundtrack album for Razor and The Plan to come out at the end of the year. And after that comes the long-awaited bonus album(s) with all the stuff that couldn't be squeezed into 78 minutes in years past.

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
Got an email from Amazon today stating that the BSG season 4 soundtrack has now been delayed until Aug 13th! B*stards!!!  :mad:
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

My email said delayed until July 30th. Nyah nyah, I get it before you.  :p

Offline Richard

I can't wait I have find these soundtrack on the web...
They are great but there is too much electronical music. :(

(Sorry for the spelling mistakes I'm french... But I love your work here.)

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
My email said delayed until July 30th. Nyah nyah, I get it before you.  :p

You b*stard!!!!!

Ah well, let me know how good it is!!! :)
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Morwen

I found them on youtube, which means it's already out somewhere. They sound awesome <3

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
I found them on youtube, which means it's already out somewhere. They sound awesome <3
Ooh! Links?
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline Morwen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMzkuKAIoL4
and etc

I'm sure you are all resourceful enough to find the appropriate downloadable versions.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Please do not discuss piracy (even in veiled terms) on this board.

And given the incredible quality of Mr. McCreary's work, as well as the shameful lack of recognition shown by this year's Emmy awards, I would be ashamed of any one of you who does not shell out a few dollars for a legitimate copy. Bear himself has expressed distress at how often his albums are pirated.

Offline Morwen

I'm sure everyone will buy it when it comes out. I for one am just frustrated that my amazon-ordered copy was delayed and thus surprisingly pleased by the youtube videos. If anything, just eager to get a first taste of the soundtrack that I've been waiting a whole year for.

Yeah, don't pirate the poor guy's music...do you know how hard it is for an Irish bear to find work these days? There's not a ton of demand for drums!

In related news, I just got notification that my Season 4.5 DVDs have shipped. And then it's just a matter of time before The Plan...mwa ha ha ha, so much post-BSG finale goodness!

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
Yeah, don't pirate the poor guy's music...do you know how hard it is for an Irish bear to find work these days? There's not a ton of demand for drums!

In related news, I just got notification that my Season 4.5 DVDs have shipped. And then it's just a matter of time before The Plan...mwa ha ha ha, so much post-BSG finale goodness!

Is there any news on the plan, when is it coming out?
to talk to God.

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
november.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Amazon says Oct. 27 for the U.S.

Offline Bilal18

I LOVED gaetas lament, honestly that scene was so upsetting when he was singing in the hospital wing.

Got the soundtrack yesterday, and holy frak is it good. Bear really outdid himself this time. I was disappointed by the Caprica soundtrack, as it sounded very repetitive to me. However, the S4 soundtrack is the complete opposite; the diversity present in each piece is astounding. Gaeta's Lament with its haunting lyrics, Roslin's Escape featuring a thick Japanese theme, the quick action of The Signal...I think my two favorites right now are Kara Remembers, as that was one of my favorite scenes out of the entire show, and Baltar's Cult, because to me it really represents Baltar; it just sounds like him. And that's just Disc 1! I haven't listened to the second disc enough yet to form a real opinion, although the first time I listened to it I was duly impressed. All in all, a superb addition to the musical legacy of BSG.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 12:38:02 pm by Angreifer »

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Dreilide Thrace Sonata No. 1

End of story.

Yes, Gaeta's Lament is right up there, and Kara Remembers is pretty awesome. Elegy is great listening as well, and... well, most of it's just utterly fantastic.

Yeah, Sonata No. 1 and Gaeta's Lament, without doubt the two best pieces on the soundtrack. Fantastic release as always.

Offline Bilal18

Dreilide Thrace Sonata No. 1

End of story.

Yes, Gaeta's Lament is right up there, and Kara Remembers is pretty awesome. Elegy is great listening as well, and... well, most of it's just utterly fantastic.

Yeah, Sonata No. 1 and Gaeta's Lament, without doubt the two best pieces on the soundtrack. Fantastic release as always.

Couldnt have said it better myself :)

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
Mine finally arrived couple days ago :) :) :) yippppppppeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Listening to it constantly, great soundtrack. Lots of choice!!!

Still think the season two soundtrack is my favourite though :)

But its all good!!!!!  :D

Loved:
Grand Old Lady
The Signal
An Easterly View
Kara's Co-ordinates
Diaspora Oratorio
Farewell Apollo

Didnt Like:

When the soundtrack ended :(
to talk to God.

Offline Jangiri

I was extremely disappointed when i saw that battlestar wasn't nominated for best musical score or something similar. there were the ones for best sound editing but that isn't exactly the same. personally I think that the soundtrack for season 4 was one of the greatest compositions of orchestral and classical music ever