Author Topic: My Mission  (Read 13284 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Right now (i.e. prior to me completing apng support), I think you just need to create a single frame EFF of the logo, put all the EFF files into MOD/data/cbanims/,  then configure that file to be used in the mission via FRED.

Details on the EFF format here: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/EFF#EFF
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Did you ever figure out how to add those ships?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

No I never figured out how to add the ships and as for the logo I have it saved as a JPG file how do I convert it to a EFF or ANI file?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
You don't need to convert it to use it in an EFF.  To create EFF, create a textfile with these contents:

Code: [Select]
$Type: JPG
$Frames: 1
$FPS: 1

Name that file something like: Auberon_lg.eff

Then name the jpg: Auberon_lg_0000.jpg

And you're done :)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

How do I add Ships?

How do I create a text file?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Download & install notepad++ (you can use the builtin windows notepad.exe, but notepad++ is much more useful for editing FSO related files, like tables)

Create a new file, add the info, "save as" in the correct location. That should be all there is to it.

I'm not as familiar with adding ships, in general you need to:

1) save the .pof to data/models
2) save the textures to data/maps (IIRC)
3) add the table entries, either modifying the .tbl or adding a .tbm to data/tables

I *think* that's it? Assuming no modifications to the model are required...
----
----

how do I configure the logo for FRED?

in the Command Briefing editor it only allows me to use ANI files should I configure the file to an ANI?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
in the Command Briefing editor it only allows me to use ANI files should I configure the file to an ANI?

The FSO code supports EFF's for command briefings, not sure why FRED wouldn't allow it.  Actually - how does it not allow an EFF to be selected? The CBAni file should be written to the mission file without an extension anyway.
----
----

Im still lost....

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
OK, I can't run FRED on Linux so I can't check why you can't add the EFF file in the command briefing editor.  Can you please explain in detail why you can't select the EFF file in the command briefing editor? Screenshots might also help.
----
----

I cant send attachments my attachment box is full. But in FED mission editor I only have the option of adding an ANI file.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
OK, I've finally got to my Windows laptop and have started FRED. I can see that the command briefing editor says "Ani filename" next to the "browse" button.  Ignore the fact that it only says "Ani", it'll should let you select a EFF file here as well.  Browse to Diaspora/data/cbanims/Auberon_lg.eff and click OK.

Also, if your attachments box is full then you can post a screenshot to an image sharing service like http://imgur.com/, then post a link to the image.
----
----

I clicked on the browse button next to ANI, and when I get to the cbamin folder nothing comes up I saved the jpg and the eff file in that folder I'm not sure why its not letting me select it?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Check that the eff file is called Auberon_lg.eff, and not Auberon_lg.eff.txt.

This should show you how to show file extensions in Windows 10: http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/06/windows-10/show-file-name-extensions-windows-10.html
----
----

OK do I save the EFF file and the JPG file together or do I save it separately? when located it in the command briefing editor do I select the Auberon JPG or the EFF?

Ok I saved the EFF and I saved the JPG, how do I convert it so that it looks like the other EFF's in the command briefing? I put both the eff and JPG in the Data/cbaanim folder.

I loaded the EFF into the game however it shows up in a weird way.

here is the link to my image I uploaded: http://imgur.com/9dX3jE8