Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Exile

Exile - Bug Report Thread

<< < (2/6) > >>

TheLocalTechPriest:
When I first downloaded and played through Exile, it seemed like everything ran fine for me.  However, I have since had to move my installation of FS2 as well as my mods to another drive because, well, big mods are big.
Now, after every mission, I get a message saying that I have run out of memory, something I find impossible for FS2 because I have 32GB of RAM and use x64 FSO .exes, so I sincerely doubt it's actually using that much RAM.

I've tried to run Exile in debug, but an error message in loading won't even let me get to the pilot menu (something about the game not being able to find a certain sound or something).  As a result, I'm having issues trying to get a fs2_open.log for you.
I've tried verifying file integrity for both FSO and Exile, but everything checks out.

Going to try reinstalling Exile, but I doubt that will do much.

EDIT 1: Got the "missing sound" error message again.  Here it is:
--- Code: ---Warning: mv_effects-shp.tbm(line 197):
Warning: Could not find game sound with name '252'!
File: parselo.cpp
Line: 301

--- End code ---

I should also mention that running Exile normally results in an error at the pilot screen indicating that there have been 203 warnings/errors generated by the mod.
Oh, and if you could recommend a way I could get past warnings like the one above to get to the main game so I can actually generate an fs2_open.log file, I'd greatly appreciate it, since I've had issues like this with trying to do the same thing for other mods.

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: TheLocalTechPriest on July 08, 2018, 08:56:46 pm ---Oh, and if you could recommend a way I could get past warnings like the one above to get to the main game so I can actually generate an fs2_open.log file, I'd greatly appreciate it, since I've had issues like this with trying to do the same thing for other mods.

--- End quote ---
fs2_open.log is generated the moment the executable starts; you already have one.

TheLocalTechPriest:
Alright, if you want an incomplete log of the loading errors/warnings, then here you go.  I wanted a way to get past the warnings because I wanted to log them all instead of just the first one on loading.

EDIT: Oof, just realized how hostile that sounded.  My apologies.

AdmiralRalwood:
The way you continue past warnings is to hit "continue":

Iain Baker:

Hi there. FYI when I install and try to run this via Knossos I too get the 203 warnings/errors pop up screen.

Any advice re how to fix this is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Iain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version