Author Topic: pof suite?  (Read 6174 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
have you DLed PCS in the last... oh, six months...?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
Did i mention that i am just learning all this crap?  so where can i get this new one?  and thanks bobboau for not absolutely slaughtering the budding modder.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
i posted the url a long time ago in the thread - all the way up in my FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD :D
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
oh, so you just got here, ok, sorry
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
no big deal bobboau, i was being serious, not sarcastic.  Anyway, thanks fore the help guys.

Casualties of War

Offline RandomTiger

Originally posted by Sesquipedalian
not likely to be knocked off by a bunch of amateurs in a few minutes, or months or years.

A bunch of what?:eek: :)

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
so then according to the poll results, i will tell my staff member who's idea this was to lay off the crack.

Casualties of War

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by ShadowWolf_IH
in the pof editor, where you add the coordinates for guns, missile launchers, etc etc, and slots.......how difficult would it be to have a window open that displays a model of the ship?  That way you could just click on whatever part you wanted to be a gun point, missile point, or whatever.  

Try ModelView 32 from The Descent Network. That lets you see the model as you add guns and subsystems. Very useful.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
hey kazan! your renderer in your latest version of pcs crashes alot under windows xp, thought you would like to know. also i have another quesion: i really like pcs and all, but are you a phucking octopus?:D  those keybord commands for the renderer are all over the place. how hard would it be to implement the mouse controll that modview has, or simply allow user binding up keys.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
oops, double post
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Solatar

Do people just double post for the heck of it?

And I'M the mysterious staff member. Shadow wolf, I didn't exactly ask you to post this either, I would have done it. I was just throwing around idea's.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2002, 07:09:06 pm by 691 »

Offline Solatar

Oops, double post.

Sorry, just wanted to do that. As you were.:nervous: :nervous:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Hades
Oops, double post.

Sorry, just wanted to do that. As you were.:nervous: :nervous:

*ahem* :doubt:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i think he was just being a smart (_|_)

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Anaz

double posts are accidental glitches that occur when your request to post gets sent multiple times. The worse your or the server's connections, the better the chances for a double post.
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

how about some middle ground? could we get some MORE support for truespace features? i've been thinking about this for a while... how about make a converter which can also convert truespace CAMERA data as well..... cameras have location AND direction... so they'd be perfect for weapon mount points... just position and glue in truespace. it'd save a crapload of time in the model editors.
wrong answer you see hiding in that asteroid belt are 6 dralthi fighters, a Kilrathi gangbang. -Devereaux

Offline Solatar

Oops, well I have a 11mbps modem, so I never get them. I used to when I had my 56k, and you are right, I was just being a smart (_|_)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im on a t1, doubleposts have nothing to do with network connection (unless it slow and you are impatient).  a double post happens when your finger bounces on the mouse button when you hit it too hard.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Originally posted by Nuke
hey kazan! your renderer in your latest version of pcs crashes alot under windows xp, thought you would like to know. also i have another quesion: i really like pcs and all, but are you a phucking octopus?:D  those keybord commands for the renderer are all over the place. how hard would it be to implement the mouse controll that modview has, or simply allow user binding up keys.

i have to and intend to switch the underlying OpenGL intialization routines from GLUT to SDL - GLUT's mouse support sucks major cockage
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Solatar

I have windows xp, and the pcx crashes so much I can't decide if its funny or not.