Author Topic: Release 3.6.14 Release Candidate 4  (Read 25390 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Release 3.6.14 Release Candidate 4
You need to use the no_glsl commandline switch. Otherwise your "GPU" will try to run shaders it really isn't capable of using (FSO shaders are written against GLSL 1.2/1.3, your driver is reporting a max GLSL version of 1.1).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline flecht

You need to use the no_glsl commandline switch. Otherwise your "GPU" will try to run shaders it really isn't capable of using (FSO shaders are written against GLSL 1.2/1.3, your driver is reporting a max GLSL version of 1.1).

That solved the problem. Thank you! :D

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Shouldn't it be considered to make that switch automatic based on detected GLSL version? Or if that isn't possible, to display a warning at least?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
We already have such a mechanism, not sure why it failed here.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah the no_glsl shouldn't be required to get passable performance, if it is we might need to fix that detection.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
quick question, i'm just now getting caught up with the RC builds.  do the shaders linked in the first post go in the mediavps folder or fs2 root? 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
MediaVPs_3612/data/effects

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
thanks.

in other news, twice now in the TAG mission of the FS2 campaign, i've crashed upon issuing a protect order.  it's not every time though, i gave protect orders earlier in the mission.  the first time i thought it was related to the rearm abort bug, as maybe 20-30 seconds before the crash, the support ship that had been following me around for awhile was destroyed.  maybe it's the comms menu that's the problem and not just support aborting?  i'll switch to debug and post a log if it happens again.

but god DAMNIT why couldn't this happen in a different mission?  i've got to replay this irritating thing AGAIN now.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

in other news, twice now in the TAG mission of the FS2 campaign, i've crashed upon issuing a protect order.  it's not every time though, i gave protect orders earlier in the mission.  the first time i thought it was related to the rearm abort bug, as maybe 20-30 seconds before the crash, the support ship that had been following me around for awhile was destroyed.  maybe it's the comms menu that's the problem and not just support aborting?  i'll switch to debug and post a log if it happens again.

That sounds strange, please elaborate so we can make tests on it.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
well that specific case didn't happen again and i got through the mission, but twice since then i've gotten a crash at the end of a mission.  attaching log.  i think i saw the flash of a debug mission when i pressed ESC to exit the black screen, but it went away along with the hung program.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
You're killing me, I don't know how to read debug logs properly.
If it's an order related bug you should be able to reproduce it on any mission, what did you do before and after the crashes that you can remmember?
el hombre vicio...

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
the order thing was just me taking a blind stab at it.  i can't remember exactly the details of the first crash, but i'm pretty both times i issued a C-3-5 on the warspite, after bombers showed up and iota wing was present.  the second crash was immediately upon issuing the order; i honestly can't remember if the first was also or if it was a few seconds later.  i DO know that both times it crashed, i issued a C-3-5 earlier in the mission that didn't cause a crash.  the third play through didn't crash, but i only issued one protect order at the very beginning. 

as for the one i posted the log for, i took no action to cause the crash.  i was just sitting there listening to the end of mission dialogue.  the second crash of this type (the one the log is of) i think occurred right as the final "return to base" would have been said.  again, i can't recall if the first (which was in a different mission) was EXACTLY the same, but it was very similar, happening at the end of the mission while i was basically doing nothing.

Offline Yarn

Code: [Select]
ASSERTION: "goal_objp != NULL" at aicode.cpp:10160That's almost certainly caused by the rearm bug (and remember, you don't have to be the one rearming). Perhaps issuing that order causes your wingmen to cancel their rearming.

Try playing the debug build in a window until you get the crash again. Then, see if get an error message (it may be behind the window). Post it here if you do.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178