Author Topic: 02/03/07 Build  (Read 11566 times)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Hi i've created some builds of the current CVS for bugtesting.

the build includes a debug build (_d), a release build (_r) and a release build for pentium 4 (_r_sse2).  I haven't been able to build fred2 with my new copy of visual studio 2005 yet, so that hasn't been included.

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/February2007/fs2_open_02032007.zip
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
oh and report major bugs on mantis. 
i am not responsible if your PC dies
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Would "All of the Cutscene OGG files have a Green cast/tint to them over-riding all other colors" count?
This is on both _r and _r_sse2.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Would "All of the Cutscene OGG files have a Green cast/tint to them over-riding all other colors" count?
Not sure why it's green, everyone else tends to report red, but this should be fixed in my own builds.  I just haven't gotten the updated code in HEAD yet.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Simulated speech is inoperative for this build, as well as one of Taylor's builds from late last month.  Kara's recent HEAD build from the 1st of this month plays it no problem though.  Will Mantis this as well.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Simulated speech is inoperative for this build, as well as one of Taylor's builds from late last month.  Kara's recent HEAD build from the 1st of this month plays it no problem though.  Will Mantis this as well.
Speech is disabled by default, and each person making a build has to remember to enable it.  I don't care about speech (or voice recognition) so I tend not to take the time to change the project file and rebuild everything to enable it.  It's not a bug, just something we don't like to bother with unless it's important (like an official build).

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Any particular reason this version (any exe) want's to send an error report to M$ whenever I enter "F3"?
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Speech is disabled by default, and each person making a build has to remember to enable it.  I don't care about speech (or voice recognition) so I tend not to take the time to change the project file and rebuild everything to enable it.  It's not a bug, just something we don't like to bother with unless it's important (like an official build).

Yep. Cause I playtest missions a lot that I like having voice synth active so I don't have to read the messages to know that they're being triggered. For that reason I almost always have voice synth active in my builds. I set up for voice recognition cause when I was adding voice synth it was just one more word to add in the build settings.

For me it's a hassle to not have voice synth active so I usually do. I can't blame the other coders for not going to the hassle of getting the MS speech SDK up and running though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
does this build have the new shield code ("projected shields")?
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
does this build have the new shield code ("projected shields")?

i don't know, you should just try it and see if it works.
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Yep. Cause I playtest missions a lot that I like having voice synth active so I don't have to read the messages to know that they're being triggered. For that reason I almost always have voice synth active in my builds. I set up for voice recognition cause when I was adding voice synth it was just one more word to add in the build settings.

For me it's a hassle to not have voice synth active so I usually do. I can't blame the other coders for not going to the hassle of getting the MS speech SDK up and running though.
Good to know.  I'm working on my own project, and I use simvoice to gauge my message timings, as well as spelling and grammar sometimes.  Sometimes I wish though, that there were both more voices available, and the ability to use them all at once, binding them to different messages, so the same voice wasn't delivering all the lines.  Doubt its gonna happen though.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Random Tiger is the only coder who really understood the voice code.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline neoterran

please make sse build instead of sse2. It has about 90 percent of the performance benefit from using sse2 and usable on a lot more CPUs
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 02:28:30 pm by neoterran »
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
please make sse build instead of sse2. It has about 90 percent of the performance benefit from using sse and usable on a lot more CPUs

I can do both :)
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
When i press F3 in the main hall, regardless of mods, i hit this..

Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Your graphics card can't handle a modle or sort...

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
What do you think i meant with 'regardless of mods'?

That is to say that the this problem (which doesn't appear on current builds) was not related (at least directly) to any model file but appeared regardless of the loaded data.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light