Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 - There's a demo now  (Read 23969 times)

Re: Mass Effect 3 - There's a demo now
Omni-blades, yeah.  Used for heavy melee for most non-Krogan, non-Biotics.

The game is going to be a lot of fun.  Plotwise it may be stupid, but most fun games are at least a little stupid.  But the mechanical improvements are looking to me like they'll bring back ME1's depth with ME2's playability. 

Plus, the multiplayer is about 100 times more fun then it has any right to be, and even the limited demo creates awesome moments.    I've had a Cerberus lackey about to stomp on my head and finish me, only to watch his head vanish courtesy of the squad's infiltrator.  Saved a teamate with Stasis when a Nemesis' blade was descending on his neck.  And popped more heads then I care to count. 

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
i really like the mass effect codex(es), i just wish i could play a game based on them

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Wow, I just fired up another play through of 2 and I was right about the speech animations. They are god awful by comparision and I also noted that the body movements aren't as fluid either. Here is hoping that they have polished this up prior to release.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Kszyhu

Plus, the multiplayer is about 100 times more fun then it has any right to be, and even the limited demo creates awesome moments. 

I've seen two surviving members of my team defending themselves in the prefab house, situated in the corner. They were so focused on one side, they didn't notice a Phantom (or whatever it's called in english version) sneaking through the other entrance. Two silent executions, 5 seconds apart. They didn't know what hit them.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If any of you fine people want a few rounds of ME3 multi with somewhat less unknown internet people, just find hlp_the_e on Origin.

Seriously, the multi is unbelievably good. Finally got myself a salarian infiltrator and a quarian engineer today.
BTW, it is advisable to always save up for the "Veteran" packs; the drop rate for alternate race/class combos in recruit packs is abysmal.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
is anybody here playing this on the 360?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Granted I have not partaken in the demo, and I'm sure there is plenty to hem and haw about and lots of spiral hammyness to go round.  One thing I did assume is that the Reapers are more interested in collecting thralls then outright annihilation, at least for the species they want to assimilate for this cycle, so long as they can achieve grid superiority, collateral damage is probably kept to a minimum.  In other words they probably can crack planets open but for the purpose of assimilating, subduing the local threats with minimal weapons output and simply allowing Indoctrination to runs its course is the objective. 

Perhaps I'm being an apologist but I think the above seems reasonable. 

Also I saw the fancy new trailer, I was happy to see Ash is wearing full body armor instead of a Miranda catsuit, though she always struck me a practical enough woman to wear her hair tied back.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

I've seen two surviving members of my team defending themselves in the prefab house, situated in the corner. They were so focused on one side, they didn't notice a Phantom (or whatever it's called in english version) sneaking through the other entrance. Two silent executions, 5 seconds apart. They didn't know what hit them.

Yeah, Phantoms.  Damned things are nasty.  I've entirely shelved the human adept in favor of the Asari, simply because Stasis works on those things but Singularity doesn't.

Kind of sucks that we'll lose all our unlocks in the full version.  But I imagine it's probably gonna get major balance tweaks anyway - the Carnifex in particular is stupid overpowered, and I expected we'd end up with the entire community using nothing but that and the one superpowered shotgun without major nerfs.

Wow, I just fired up another play through of 2 and I was right about the speech animations. They are god awful by comparision and I also noted that the body movements aren't as fluid either. Here is hoping that they have polished this up prior to release.
I hope people are still at least punching their palms.

Offline Mikes

is that a holographic omni-tool..... KNIFE on the cover?   :wtf:

Yeah, Ezio called, he wants it back.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
hooooooooly **** multiplayer is fun

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
In defense of Bioware it came across to me hard that the parts with competent writing - the character writing, the only thing these writers are really good at - just weren't shown in the demo at all. I'm not worried.

And multiplayer is awesome.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Awwwww yeah. Got a Quarian Engineer in my starter pack- so much better than any of the basic classes.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Play with us.  We hang out on IRC mostly.  Join us there.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Awwwww yeah. Got a Quarian Engineer in my starter pack- so much better than any of the basic classes.

So far, second only to the Asari Adept.

Webcomic related:

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Multiplayer? In my RPG?

Singleplayer is all I'm interested in.

If I want multi, I'll play TF2 or soemthing...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
that's cool thanks for sharing your opinion here on hard light productions

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Also I saw the fancy new trailer, I was happy to see Ash is wearing full body armor instead of a Miranda catsuit, though she always struck me a practical enough woman to wear her hair tied back.
That's...snazzy.

Also, a note on the writing, the character pieces are important.  Hell, they NEED to be important and well written.  But, if the larger narrative framework is shoddy or hackneyed then it loses something along the way.  And this feels like the larger narrative is being used to setup a bunch of cool looking, but neverthless pointless setpiece backdrops for Shep and Co. to bumble around in while the Alliance and the rest of the galaxy sit there like a bunch of misty-eyed school girls with they're hands clasped ot their chests waiting for him to save the day.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
/sigh, the worst part is that I can see it coming already: Earth will be saved and the Reaper problem will be solved, all thanks to Captain Obvious and his gang who found the glorious deus ex machina in time.

Or since it's Bioware, it's prolly gonna be worse... and be some "unite the races of the galaxy" quest *AGAIN* where all the supposedly wimp races *together* suddenly are able to defeat the oh so powerful evil Reapers that have been busy destroying Earth's parks with their red flashlights for the last years.... /groan.

Spoilers ahead!

Spoiler:
It's number 1. You get the Deus Ex Machina from Mars (together with the Prothean squaddie and sexbot EDI), right after you leave Earth. Oh, and you imediately find out the TIM found a way to use that super-machine to indoctrinate all reapers and he wants to make the reaeprs into humantiites army, thus enesuring human supremacy.
The game doesn't let you agree with TIM, and he turn into Saren Mk2 (together with the similar end), but Shep still gets the option to destroy the reapers or do exactly what TIM wanted...[/u

In other words, everyone in the galaxy suffers a case of extreeme stupid.

Spoiler:
Expect the Prothean Squad member is a day 1 DLC 'From The Ashes'

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:59:26 pm by Gloriano »
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi