Author Topic: To tide over the seething masses  (Read 18458 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
To tide over the seething masses
Yeah, while with Paradigm Shift the GTVA was pretty powerful you soon learned that no matter what the Shivans are... nasty.

Imagine a Sathanas being the Shivan equivalent of a Faustus... while the Lucifer was an Ursa.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
At which point does a warship stop being a warship and start being a small satelite? :sigh:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Originally posted by BlackDove

Seriously, if we gave you any now, it would be like lying straight to your face.

:wtf: In what way would giving a screenshot from an early mission be lying straight to my face?  I thought the first episode was over and done, so why would that be "lying to my face"?

Don't get me wrong, if you guys really don't want to reveal anything else, I truly understand, even though I might not like it.  But next time, try to give me a response with meaning.:rolleyes:
Once known as Grand_Admiral_Abaht

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Originally posted by Raa
At which point does a warship stop being a warship and start being a small satelite? :sigh:

The real question is at what point does a "dirigible planet" become a "dyson grid?" ;)

Also what BD means is that current screens don't show what the campaign will look like.

We've been making tons of improvements.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 06:28:19 pm by 72 »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by High Max
Oh, so you are talking large ships like Gargant and Gigas. I really wish that you would produce Paradigm Shift after BWO is released. Hopefully, at least think about it. I'm sure that many would agree with me that it would be exciting to play:) You said that a fan made conclusion to FS2 wouldn't be good because to many people would disagree with the story because it isn't made by Volition. But that is what fan-made campaigns are about, choosing what story you want (the most logical one you feel should be right). Also, Paradigm Shift doesn't have to be a conclusion. You could keep on making continuations so we will never get bored and maybe make a conclusion far down the line.

Gargant and Gigas are just really large Sathanas from what I can tell.

My thoughts on the matter were a bit different....
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Well, from the files you sent me, it's rather ;7

So, I guess when we release BWO to these people, we'll torture them for the next five or maybe ten years with Paradigm Shift.

Sounds like fun. You know. Keeping up with the sadism. ;)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by BlackDove
Well, from the files you sent me, it's rather ;7

So, I guess when we release BWO to these people, we'll torture them for the next five or maybe ten years with Paradigm Shift.

Sounds like fun. You know. Keeping up with the sadism. ;)

Feels good doesn't it :D
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
in PS there were a bunch of neat things I had in mind, one of the central Shivan vessles was going to break apart into a small fleet and encircle a planet to utterly destroy it, no more 12 hour orbital bombardment, once it was in position it would be over in a matter of seconds.

I also had Ideas for all sorts of diferent ranges of Shivan knossoses, and dysonsphere like meshes built around black holes to act as subspace tap power plants and intergalactic transportation hubs.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
More like a ball-like structure, actually...
Freelancer had one. It was kinda cool...

Edit: Wrote Starlancer when I meant Freelancer. They should think more unique names...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 01:36:54 pm by 2774 »
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Originally posted by Bobboau
in PS there were a bunch of neat things I had in mind, one of the central Shivan vessles was going to break apart into a small fleet and encircle a planet to utterly destroy it, no more 12 hour orbital bombardment, once it was in position it would be over in a matter of seconds.

I also had Ideas for all sorts of diferent ranges of Shivan knossoses, and dysonsphere like meshes built around black holes to act as subspace tap power plants and intergalactic transportation hubs.

Keep the neat things in your mind, I might want you to do some of them .p

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Originally posted by IceFire

Feels good doesn't it :D

know the feeling.. :D
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------