Author Topic: Thruster ANIs  (Read 14837 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
 :wtf:

So... now I'm curious, what DOES mean better to you?

If it were you're job to create new thruster ANIs, what would you do to meet your (apparently) elusive version of better?
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's not like I don't like what you did to them, but I think that the very concept you started off ( :v: anims) isn't very good and I prefer bitmap thrusters. For instance, Vasudans currently use orange, rocket-like thruster bitmaps, while your anim looks energyish and is lemon-yellow. I prefer the former, the creator took a bit of creative liberty, but here, it's a good thing IMHO. Also, your anims are much less diverse than current Mediavps thruster bitmaps (they look like they're all recolored versions of one anim, while Mediavp bitmaps don't).

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It's not like I don't like what you did to them, but I think that the very concept you started off ( :v: anims) isn't very good and I prefer bitmap thrusters. For instance, Vasudans currently use orange, rocket-like thruster bitmaps, while your anim looks energyish and is lemon-yellow. I prefer the former, the creator took a bit of creative liberty, but here, it's a good thing IMHO. Also, your anims are much less diverse than current Mediavps thruster bitmaps (they look like they're all recolored versions of one anim, while Mediavp bitmaps don't).

Dragon, this is NOT a comparison to current MediaVP thruster bitmaps. I said that in the first post. Lay off.
If you want to talk about that, go start a thread or even a poll. Get out of my thread if that is going to continue to be your purpose here.

Now, the retail ANIs are all using the exact same effect with a different 'seed', however all 3 races use the EXACT same afterburner ANI. Mine are different. Heck if anyone would take time to download and actually VIEW that ANIs you would see how they look pretty different from the retail versions. They are quite a bit more energetic. You would also see that the three (like retail) are using the same effect but essentially a different 'seed'. I thought that to break from that would be to break from lore because all three races have always had similar thruster exhaust.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Up close, they indeed are different, but in game, this becomes less noticable.
I know that all races always had similar thruster effect, but that's exactly what I don't like about them. IMHO, they should be more diverse, these races never met each other and yet, they have similar thrusters. One of the changes I always liked was changing lemon yellow Vasudan thrusters into orange and orange Shivan thrusters to deep red.
Of course, I would still like to see how your effects will look on improved thruster cones.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
No way, they DO look different, the problem is that the truster cones are THE SUCK.

old:

new:

I didn't see any changes when engaging the afterburner, that's because those are not included or I just didn't notice the difference?

el hombre vicio...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
You didn't notice the difference, check in the Ship Lab.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I don't know how to use the shiplab, but when I engaged the afterburner they looked all the same, maybe the glow kept me from seeing the changes.
I'll give it a shot later on.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
F3 on mainhall.
Hit tab to alternate between AB effects and regular. (Works even on ships without afterburners)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Oh, now I see :yes:
el hombre vicio...