Author Topic: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED [Updated V1.4]  (Read 452757 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: SILENT THREAT: REBORN RELEASED
Right.  Reread the command briefings of mission 9 (especially stage 2) and mission 12 (especially stage 4).

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Although I haven't finished the campaign yet, this is a MASTERPIECE! ;)

Especially after I made room for the voice acting. Very, very good work indeed. :)

Spoiler:
Although I did find a couple of missions hard, and so used cheats - the escape pod and Basilisk one, the Hellfire one, and 'Secrets Reborn', and five-failure-skipped the mission with the Hope. I also delved into the mission file to find how to remove the threat in 'He Who Rides The Tiger'. But still, one of the greatest campaigns I've played, and I'm looking forward to finishing it.

Also the flipping out Vasudans in the Hope mission, :lol:. 'Shivan Super Lasers BOOM!' indeed.

Offline Gunteen6

• Don't let life get you down! Get up! Go!
    • S31-IKS Parent Boards
Wow, absolutely fantastic.
Gunteen6 is now S31-Syntax! If I could change the name, I would!

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Big! Big guns!................Poum! Poum! Poum!

:lol:

Although the secret weapons on the Hades don't really make a Poum! sound.........
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
IN A.D. 2335 WAR WAS BEGINNING.

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Gah, i need to get back home and download this thing....... A year on voice acting, this is gonna be worth it :nod: :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Two, if you ask me. ;)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Two years on Voice Acting? Well ok, this last year on VA alone then..
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline LuaPineapple

Bummer, :( :

In the mission right after you capture the GTD Repulse.
Axem      incoming jump signature
Axem      pineapple configuration
Ace1999  AAAAAAH! It's so sharp and pointy!
Axem      obviously of shivan design

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Make sure your installation is set up correctly.  My guess would be that somehow the game is using fsport's weapons.tbl instead of ST:R's.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It's worth paying attention to the debriefing recommendations in the Hope mission.  It's not as hard as you think.

I just finished this campaign last night and as many have already said it truly is a masterpiece.  I will agree some of the missions were tough but that was part of the challenge.  The final battle with the Hades really felt like a last ditch attempt to stop the Hades.  This campaign is definitely one of my favorites with Derelict being a close second.

Aurora Paradox

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Actually, I found the last mission quite easy when I took an

Spoiler:
Ursa with Harbingers, since a single Harbinger will take out any of the Hades' beam turrets in one shot.  Plus, when you only have two in a bank, they rearm quite quickly.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Uh, how about some spoiler tags? That's a pretty awesome mission when you aren't expecting it.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Nuclear1

Spoiler:
The last mission was actually one of my least favorite missions, just because it seemed somewhat anti-climatic. It wasn't all too difficult to destroy the beam turrets, after which it became Secrets Revealed II, except when the Hades starts moving again. I mean, it was a good ending and made the crashed Hades make sense, but I certainly wouldn't put Derelict's ending as a close second to that.

That said, I still loved the campaign as a whole, my favorite being the EMP/Archon mission. Damn, that was fun. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline ShivanSpS

hahaha when the Soyakaze is a 3% it should turn around and crash the Hades :P

The problem with the Hades, is there is no way that its captain will just leave them until die... and the only way of making that is actually disabling the engines witch makes him a sitting duck...

The entire Freespace code should be change to impide jump if the navigation subsystem is disabled, i mean, by now the nav system do nothing, if disabled it should impide jump because the ship needs the navigation to calculate jump coods... so... but this is a problem that has nothing to do witch ST:R, is witch the game itselft.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:55:37 am by ShivanSpS »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
The Navigation subsystem used to do that...but they 'fixed' it. I use quotations because I'm more likely to believe that they purposely broke it. It made sense that you couldn't jump when your nav computer is dead. Now it makes no sense that it does nothing whatsoever...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline CaptJosh

Um, is there possibly a radar icons build around recent enough to avoid the Vasudan command issue. Because I REALLY like the radar icons now that I have them. It's like I actually get a silhouette of what's on radar.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Another (sorta) bug in ST:R...

Spoiler:
The last mission where the GTD legion (or what is left of it) appears doesnt load with debug build. Reason for this (at least seems to be) is obvious. The table data the str uses is the standard fs port data which had fully functional and subsystem filled pof for gtd legion. However the model in the str package lacks these and debug build seems to consider the conflict as something that equals the end of the world...
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline ShivanSpS

Spoiler:
i just found "Bosh beer" container among the Warhead material in the Talus mission... i wonder if there is a special debrief if you let them to stole the beer....