Author Topic: Screenshots Release Thread  (Read 107593 times)

Me wants:D

so are you going to release a pack soon for the WC3 era ships?

also there was one thing that troubles me didn't the Frathli II have a hangar at the front or is that just me :confused:

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
The Fralthi II got a Hangar, but not directly in the front..its not visible at this angle, its under the frontpart.

About the release....we are working quite hard and we will be finished with all the WC3 era ships, but I don't know what plans for release are there. I think we will first finish the WC4 ships also and everything else we need for our campains.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Originally posted by gevatter Lars
The Fralthi II got a Hangar, but not directly in the front..its not visible at this angle, its under the frontpart.

About the release....we are working quite hard and we will be finished with all the WC3 era ships, but I don't know what plans for release are there. I think we will first finish the WC4 ships also and everything else we need for our campains.

I'd suggest to keep interest high in the mod, do releases like TBP. Release 1 being the WC3 ships, Release 2 being WC4, etc.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
True Ace but I think WC3/4 ships should be essentially the same release.  Since both games were so closely related engine wise, the weapons are essentially the same, the ships are essentially the same (although the Hellcat, Thunderbolt VII, and Excalibur all got weapons changes in WC4 - not to mention that special Confed Arrows had cloaks and the TCS Lexington had 2 less turrets than the Victory) so there wasn't a huge variety of changes present between the games.  Its very easy to release both as a package, best to wait for those and then fully develop WC2 and 1 or whatever that plan is (again those two games have similarities in their ships quite a bit).
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
release 1 is almost done... most of the missions are finished, although they will be not very complex. Although we would like to release the game as soon as possible it will take at least another 2 months to finish what we want to see in the volume 1. A much larger campaign (Icefire liked the script I guess :D) will follow shortly after that. Which brings me to the question at hand: we lack qualified mission designers bring the world of wing commander back to life. If anyone is interested, feel free to contact me :D
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
You can count me into this. When the majority of the models are done,
I will start fredding too.. It's no problem.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by Starman01
You can count me into this. When the majority of the models are done,
I will start fredding too.. It's no problem.

hell, I knew that we'll reveal hidden talents in this guy :D

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Kamari-class

One of the new warships introduced after the Battle of Earth in 2669, the Kilrathi Corvette became a force to be reckoned. Its turrets insured any fighter craft challenging it damage, and its heavy armor and shielding were proof against even the savage onslaught of the Confederation Thunderbolt VII. The Corvette was an able capship killer, and, when used in conjunction with other larger ships, was capable of destroying whole battle groups.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
you guy's just rock everything is just cool i can't wait this:) :yes: :yes:
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Thats the WC:P version yesno?
- IceFire

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
let me put it this way: it is based on it.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Now all that we need for the corvette is the skipper missle

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Heheh...and they have cloaking sort of working with the SCP builds too.  But only in OGL or D3D I forgot which.
- IceFire

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Originally posted by Tolwyn
let me put it this way: it is based on it.

What I meant was its the WC:P style rather than the slightly different WC3 style.
- IceFire

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yeah, we decided to use the WCP Version, cause it looks way
better. But we made some additional goodies to it (Radar-Dish,
engine etc).

Only thing that is really a shame, is that the turret on the back is
a fixed one, because FS-Engine can't  handle rotating multi-part-
turrets on non-horizontal-faces.

About the skipper-missile, it is already in progress. :)  I have a good
idea how to simulate the stealth in FRED, but I really hope that the SCP-Team
will make the stealth-technologie working. First Screen-shots were
very promising.  But as far as I know, the corvette had not the
possibilty to launch the rather big skipper-missile.

I really wanna see a wing of Strakha-class fighter cloaking simulantly.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Yea real stealth instead of thise jump-without-ani and jump-in-without-ani is quite bad.
I just remeber my idea of a mission where you would fight about 20-30 Strakha fighters...wouldn't like to script them all by hand.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
You can use PhReAk's cloaking technique, although the cloaking and decloaking sequences are probably too flashy for your liking.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
As far as I know it is working only for the player-ship to this moment.
But we will need it for AI-controlled vessels !
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
Well when it is a visual stealth that works for the player then it should be possible to add this futur to the AI. Add an option to FRED (scriptwise) that tells the AI to cloke every X seconds or so. That would be good enough...or add a randomizer that randomly sets the AI-ship to cloak.

Just got the funny idea to use that cloking on a Kilrathi DN...wow that would be realy scary when you fly into the fight and just out of nowhere a Kilrathi DN with it 22km lenght declokes just in front of you lunching all its fighters and starts shooting at you...wow awesome idea....just good that its just a bad dream.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
It is not only visual stealth. Phreak has created some effects that
go aside with the cloaking (something like electrical flare). It looks
awesome. But it would be best, to make it only controlled over FRED-
SEXP, so we can take controll when the enemy decloakes.

Check out this pictures :

Now image this effect on a wing of Strakha MK II's
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH