Author Topic: GTC Fenris  (Read 10330 times)

Offline Rheyah

• Will release something one day. Promise.
I personally think the Fenris and Leviathan are two of the most iconic looking ships in Freespace and this is a wonderful reimagining of them.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Things like the "Gulnara" system and the way "the galaxy" is described in some mission briefings and techroom entries are what made me hypothesize that the FreeSpace universe was originally much larger and more expansive and Volition drastically scaled it back midway (or later) through development to tell a more intimate story that would be more feasible to portray with 1998 hardware.

Also I really like the way this Fenris came out. It has the angular, straight-edge look I've always associated with FS1 Terran ships while still looking modern.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

The model is pretty much finished here, I think (maybe +/- a few minor things). I'll start uvmapping it in a couple of days if no one has any criticisms or such about it or bits of it.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Luis Dias

cables too think THICK.

/thread

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Neat. You nailed it. They're similar enough, yet different enough. I only have one minor request. Could you make a version for FSPort with all beam turrets replaced with TTs? I just realized that it's gonna look a bit out of place with FS2 weapons modeled in. This shouldn't really be too hard, depending on how the turrets are done.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Neat. You nailed it. They're similar enough, yet different enough. I only have one minor request. Could you make a version for FSPort with all beam turrets replaced with TTs? I just realized that it's gonna look a bit out of place with FS2 weapons modeled in. This shouldn't really be too hard, depending on how the turrets are done.
Absolutely. The Leviathan will be getting the same treatment in this regard as well.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

I'm really digging the Fenris. Managed to keep all of Retail's feel while shedding all of Retail's ugly.

Are you planning to keep the purple paint job on the front of it as a texture detail? I see the recessed bits on the Levi where the pattern goes, but nothing on the Fenris.

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
Changed your mind about the recessed bridge windows? I'm finding myself ambivalent on the topic.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
- Time to refresh this!
- Wait? Nyx? Are you mad? This is 5-years old thread! You need a veeery good, freaking reason to necro it.

Well... I do.

Obviously WiP
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

I'll never understand why people apoligize for threadnecroting when they have better reasons than some people starting new threads. :D

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Would love a 3D printed version of this.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: