Author Topic: RELEASE: Rogue Intentions Episode I  (Read 24403 times)

Offline Kie99

RELEASE: Rogue Intentions Episode I
Originally posted by nuclear1
Alright, quick request for those who have played it:

Which parts did you like or not like about it? As I begin work on Episode II, I'd like to know what you guys specifically liked, or which types of missions I can go without. For example, did you like the way the character development went about, or was it unbalanced in any way?

I liked all of it, seriously.  More of the same, please. :D
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Depth_Charge
it looks good so far, but i ran into a problem while i was loading up the next mission, after the mission, when the two corvettes are going after the two NTF ships, anyways when it almost finish loading all the sudden it kicks out...........any ideas???

Ick. Mefustae reported this problem too. What version of FS are you using? There may be an issue with retail here, and if I can confirm my worries on this, I'll fix it up right quick.

I liked all of it, seriously. More of the same, please.

I'll see what I can do. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've made it through two or three missions, and I'm already liking the character development.  I've cracked up at a few of the lines, especially during "storytime." :p  The missions are a lot of fun, too; I'm really looking forward to playing the rest of the campaign. :)

P.S.  In the Bastion mission, I went so far as to fly around the whole thing to see if the nameplate was there. :p

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Mongoose
P.S.  In the Bastion mission, I went so far as to fly around the whole thing to see if the nameplate was there. :p

:lol: And I would've gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids and your camera controls. :lol:

I'll fix this up with the big bad patch, which should be coming soon. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Originally posted by nuclear1

Ick. Mefustae reported this problem too. What version of FS are you using? There may be an issue with retail here, and if I can confirm my worries on this, I'll fix it up right quick.

I'll see what I can do. :)

ah i'm using the 3.6.7.exe, all the media's (of course...), need the flags or no??

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hm...that Vasudan freighters bug is still there..

Did you uplaod a fresh file?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Mefustae
Spoiler:
After the Spinnaker & Methodus had jumped out in the mission where the GTVA suddenly turns against you, which I for one found a little bit forced, I download new orders and the loading screen comes up. When the loading bar gets to the end, it hold for about 10 seconds, and then gives me the 'This program has done something and has to be closed. Would you like to send an error report?' thingy. Any ideas?
[/B]

I got this problem also. Ended up switching to a really old build (sometime in January this year I think) and it worked.

Pretty enjoyable campaign. Character development was particularly well done, I'm looking forward to the next episode. The ending I also liked, nice and mysterious.

I didn't really encounter any problems aside from a few minor spelling errors, except for one bug in Dodging Flames where I got a 'no debriefing' message in debriefing.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 08:18:55 pm by 1494 »

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Re: RELEASE: Rogue Intentions Episode I
Hey, nuclear1 - good job completing this. Welcome to the highlights. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Nuclear1

Wow. You just made my day, Steak. :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 10:10:39 am by nuclear1 »

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Code: [Select]
Error: Could not load in !
File:\fs2_open\code\menuui\mainhallmenu.cpp
Line: 1044
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

It means it couldn't load the main hall mask, I'm guessing because somehow an invalid main hall index got used. I've thrown in a check and a warning so that shouldn't happen.

it looks good so far, but i ran into a problem while i was loading up the next mission, after the mission, when the two corvettes are going after the two NTF ships, anyways when it almost finish loading all the sudden it kicks out...........any ideas???

We need some kind of image that says "DEBUG BUILD" in big letters. :p
-C

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
In the mission where the Sobek gets wasted, theres a "Jump Node 0"

Also had the problems with crashing before the last mission, switched to a build from july and worked.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Nuclear1

In the mission where the Sobek gets wasted, theres a "Jump Node 0"

Buggy = eww. I noticed that it's the same case for the Finale, where the node should say "Regulus."

Also had the problems with crashing before the last mission, switched to a build from july and worked.

After thoughtful consideration, I've concluded that this is possibly a 3.6.7 issue. It seems that a lot of campaigns are having issues with 3.6.7, though earlier builds always seem to work out nicely.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
currently looking into last mission bug.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
A great campaign so far, but i've run into an extremely annoying problem, which is causing me to write this post angrily:
Spoiler:
In the mission where you are to nick the NTF cargo from the Wayfarer Installation, everything goes to plan. It's a great mission, and the installation looks great in the orbit of the planet, and all the events that take place are spectacular. Although, when the final wing of Vasudan freighters clamps on to the mysterious cargo, command tells me to depart, which I do, only to recieve both the mission succeeded and mission failed debreifings, and it does not let me proceed. What's annoying, is that It's a bloody long mission, and I completed it only to be confronted by this annoying bug. Other than that, it's a great campaign so far, especially the moment the Big C jumps in and saves Spinnaker & Methodus' collective asses. :yes:
Spoiler:
I got this exact same problem, except Command told me to depart after the last Vasudan freigter wing warped out. I personally watched then all warp out too, I even destroyed the last remaining fighters before jumping, I get mission succeeded and failed debriefengs, and FS wouldn't let me accept.
*Cries* And it was so fun up till then. (Yay! Nav buoy game!)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Hey, I know I'm the new guy, so you can take this with a grain of salt... I've gotten a really weird error playing this campaign.  I'm using the 3.6.7 build of FSO with the updated media_vp's.  After the mission Into the Inferno, the load bar fills, then crashes to the desktop.  These are the errors I get:
Warning: Null vec3d in vec3d normalize.
Trace out of vecmat.cpp and find offending code.

File:math/vecmat.cpp
Line: 776
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
And this:
Warning: Couldn't open texture 'THRUSTER01'
referenced by model 'fighter2t-03.pof'

File:model/modelread.cpp
Line: 2737

Call stack:
And finally this:
Assert: be->handle == handle
File: bmpman/bmpman.cpp
Line: 2449

Call stack:

What does all that mean?  Did I get a corrupted download?
Other than this, nice job.  (Sorry I couldn't get the quotes right...)
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Nuclear1

The solution everyone seems to be finding to this is simply switching to an older build pre-3.6.7, such as this build from July.

Once I hear back from Phreak on the problem, I'll see what I can do, if anything, since I'm nowhere near experienced with FSO myself. :)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
The last mission crash bug is now fixed.  Just another one of those things that got fixed previously and then I forgot to commit it.  The fix will hit CVS in a little while and should show up in redmenace's next build.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The middle one is caused by the Perseus. I've seen it a whole bunch of times in FRED.

Not certain whether it's been fixed in the latest media vp files or in FRED itself but it does seem to have vanished again in recent builds.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The be->handle == handle one seems to be related to ships warping in.  It doesn't appear in 3.6.7 but is in recent CVS.  I hope it doesn't have to do with my warp effect fix. :(

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
The "Null ved3d in vec3d normalize" thing is almost entirely fixed in more recent builds.  I did just see one more during testing last night but it will get tracked down and fixed soon enough.  The "Couldn't open texture `THRUSTER01`" bug is officially fixed in newer builds.

The be->handle == handle one seems to be related to ships warping in.  It doesn't appear in 3.6.7 but is in recent CVS.  I hope it doesn't have to do with my warp effect fix. :(
Really?  I thought I had fixed all of those aleady.  Got a mission that it always happens in (I can't reproduce so far)?  Also, is it happening in D3D or OGL?  D3D is a bit sloppier with all of this so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it's just a D3D code bug.