Author Topic: RELEASE: Vassago's Dirge *Updated Jan 18th 2014! MediaVP 2014 support!*  (Read 132780 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: RELEASE: Vassago's Dirge *Updated Jan 18th 2014! MediaVP 2014 support!*
Unfortunately the nightly builds (i.e. the only ones current compatible with mediavps 2014) don't have text to speech enabled. My only other suggestion to help out is to use "F4" often to pause and read the dialogue in the mission logs (I know it's still not as good as voice-acting, or TTS if that's your cup of tea).
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Unfortunately the nightly builds (i.e. the only ones current compatible with mediavps 2014) don't have text to speech enabled. My only other suggestion to help out is to use "F4" often to pause and read the dialogue in the mission logs (I know it's still not as good as voice-acting, or TTS if that's your cup of tea).
Hey. I was just griping, I'm actually fine with it to tell the truth. Although I only now just realized during the Intermezzo section with the Shivan dream-sequence and a few minutes ago, the final mission using the EVA battle armor that I had no HUD. Most likely the result of including the cockpit mod 1.2 VP, but still I think that's something to note.
A story like the previous one never existed...

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
No worries then :D

And you are right, the cockpit mod is probably interfering with the EVA mission.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Govenator

• You have been targeted for termination!
Wow..............  My mind is blown.

Amazing campaign, great job Axem.  Loved the music and the story was very complicated and good.  I had to play the last mission a few times just to try to understand what just happened.   I also was able to get the true ending which was cool and scary at the same time.  Overall one of the best campaigns I've ever played.

Thanks for creating this!!

Is there some other way to get the updated Vassago's Dirge with fsmods.net being down? Would someone be so kind as to put it on their dropbox and share the link with me?

Offline Axem

Sorry 'bout that. I uploaded the files to Mediafire and forgot to update the post!

Sorry 'bout that. I uploaded the files to Mediafire and forgot to update the post!

Got them, thanks Axem.

Wow..............  My mind is blown.

Amazing campaign, great job Axem.  Loved the music and the story was very complicated and good.  I had to play the last mission a few times just to try to understand what just happened.   I also was able to get the true ending which was cool and scary at the same time.  Overall one of the best campaigns I've ever played.

Thanks for creating this!!
True Ending, eh? did you find all the spoons too? That's the true true ending.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Govenator

• You have been targeted for termination!
hahaha well I guess I have to play it again then! :D

I don´t get what I have to do in Mission 3. After destroying the moorings  a cruiser beam ends the mission. I have no idea what I have done wrong.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
IIRC correctly, if you destroy the moorings in time the formerly trapped ship starts to move and the beam will miss. But I haven't played the most recently released version yet to confirm that.  Maybe just give it another go and see if you can destroy the moorings a bit sooner?
----
----

Compatibility note: please change 'secondarylist = mediavps_2014;' in the mod.ini to 'secondarylist = MediaVPs_2014;'. Mac and Linux versions of FSO are case-sensitive, and the latter capitalisation is how the MVPs are distributed.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I feel like this used to be set in Epsilon Pegasi but by my current intrepretation seems to indicate it is actually in capella.  Was it always that way?  I am mildly disturbed.