Author Topic: Posting Campaigns At Hades-Combine  (Read 10219 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Posting Campaigns At Hades-Combine
Why can't I use FireFTP or another FTP client, and my user & password?

Uh, regular members don't get FTP access? :wtf:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Oh... but what's the difference between PHP upload & FTP upload?  Same goal, same result... does it allow you to muck with something you're not supposed to?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Oh... but what's the difference between PHP upload & FTP upload?  Same goal, same result... does it allow you to muck with something you're not supposed to?

Yes, the FTP has all the site files. Opening up the FTP like that can open up the site to hackers, which is why I propose a PM deal, when it's integrated, one has to PM the site administrator for the password or something like that.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ah, I was suspecting something like that.  You can't have different levels of user access?  ie, only admin passwords are accepted to modify site files' location, the rest can only modify campaign / mission / etc upload directories?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Don't think so.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Don't think so.

Depends on your webserver.  You SHOULD be able to set up an anonymous FTP service where users can upload files only to a specific directory.  Admins could then move them to the appropriate location.  Most professional webservers have this functionality.  If you guys are managing your own FTP server, you can set this up yourselves quite easily by group access accounts.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
I really should pay more attention to this. I'm not sure about anonymous access, although it's probably possible, but restrictions to directories are certainly possible and there's already something that can move the files to the right place and add them to the database. That's been ready for a while now.
It would be interesting to tie it into site user accounts though but I don't think we have the access to do that.