Author Topic: Released INFA Armour table  (Read 3659 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Released INFA Armour table
Just a quick one, in the table there's the entries SubMiss and HiVel.

What kind of weapons go into those two categories anyway? Subspace rift generators? Maxim gun? Morning Star? Circe? Lamprey? Any specifics?

I'm not really asking for info about the upcoming INF releases or somesuch, just want to know what kind of weapons are supposed to use those two damage property types. They're not obvious just by looking at the table itself... as an example, the HiVel type applies a 0.x* multiplier to the gross damage done against heavy destroyer armour? If the Maxim was given that property, it'd make the gun kind of useless in capship attacks where they're supposed to shine... :doubt:

:)

*replace x with a number
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Released INFA Armour table
HiVel weapons are like the Flail and Mace (or Morning Star), SubMiss is small-scale (tactical) missiles that do little damage, like the EM Pulse or the Synaptic.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Oh? Well, I guess I was half-right then. Thanks! :D

Me goes back to work on tables.
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I think the Maxim would be classed as a Penetrating laser in that table

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Why do Vasudans have better armor than everyone else?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Well, since they have a thick skin, why not.  :)
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Meh, they still lose out to Shivan armour and I think they're prone to beam attacks... but I'm pretty worked up with my tables to bother looking at it right now...

Maxim classed as a Penetrator? Hmm... I merely slapped on to it a more powerful version of the HeavyLaser property... still thinking of balance between the Trebuchet and the Stiletto, but I might as well get the ship and weapon list sorted out first before proceeding to balancing work.
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares