Announcements > Announcements

HLP Social media promotion in 2019

(1/4) > >>

Iain Baker:

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great holiday and new year.

As I’m sure everyone knows, 2019 is the twentieth anniversary of FreeSpace 2. This is the ideal opportunity to publicise FreeSpace and HLP to a wider audience.

This was discussed last year, and the community came up with some excellent suggestions: The link to the thread is https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=95034.msg1872523#msg1872523

Before I really get stuck in with the promotional stuff, I want to check with the community at large to find out what your thoughts are, if you have any ideas or suggestions, if there is anything you feel I should concentrate on, or if there is anything I should avoid.

I updated the ‘getting started’ threads towards the end of last year, so newcomers should be able to get playing with the minimum of fuss. If there are any further updates required please let me know.

There are now three things left on my ‘to-do’ list before I get cracking. I will need help from the HLP community to achieve this, as I am unable to do these myself.

1   Get a higher res image for the FaceBook page banner art. I have seen a higher res image of the symbol, but not of the text, which is a little blurry.

2   Get an updated version of the 2014 trailer showing off all the latest 3.8.X eye candy

3   Get HD banner art for the HLP YouTube channel. NB For the YouTube banner the minimum dimensions for the image are 2048 wide by 1152 high. At least this is what it stated in the error message that appeared when I tried to upload a 1920 x 1080 image. I'm not sure what the maximum dimensions are as it didn't say.

TL;DR – 1080P screen caps will not work :-(

Any assistance with the above will be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from everybody soon.

Kind regards,

Iain ‘Nomad’ Baker.

mjn.mixael:
Eh.. did I not do some of that banner art for you? I could have sworn I finished that.

Iain Baker:

--- Quote from: mjn.mixael on January 15, 2019, 02:38:44 pm ---Eh.. did I not do some of that banner art for you? I could have sworn I finished that.

--- End quote ---

I don't recall seeing it. Perhaps you didn't send it to me after you completed it. I remember someone sent me the HLP logo (without the text) last year. Was it that?

If you have completed it please send it over and I'll upload it. Cheers :-)

HLD_Prophecy:
I've always seen the screencap contest as a great resource for promoting the engine's capabilities as well as community talent.  :) While the current contest subject was a little "just for fun"  :D, I hope to encourage future submissions that really push the system to the maximum. Putting the best face forward, so to speak. Maybe a rotating carousel of the best of the best of the best high-def high-res EPIC serious DRAMATIC screenshots for the landing HLP page? The FB and Twitter pages? With some kind of blurb: 'Yes. THIS IS IN-ENGINE with FREE ASSETS. NO post-rendering.' :cool:

My time committed to HLP has dropped drastically, but I'd be happy to help from that end as I can.  :nod:

Colonol Dekker:
I can't remember if the Facebook banner is something I threw together in haste or if it was the result of a Google image search.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version