Author Topic: Elite: Dangerous  (Read 92861 times)

I always think the newbie ships go by too fast; they're very fun to fly and they often have better sound and modelling work than the big workhorses.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Apparently Overwatch characters are making an appearance...

"I JUST KILLED TORR-BYORN!"
Space Dust: "IT'S TERR-BYERN!"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:13:10 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Lorric

As I told The_E in ED...

Yo dawg, I heard you like Cobras, so we put a Cobra in your Cobra while you do stuff while you do stuff.

Pretty fortunate that ending up in a station to sell illicit cargo led me to finding out that a Cobra MkIII was for sale there. In the span of two days I've had three ships. Pretty nice turnover.
It's funny, until I read this I hadn't really realised that Elite Dangerous has a ton of ships named after snakes.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
All of the ones made by Delacy, it seems.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Falcon delacy.

Falcon delicacy.

Bird of preys food.

Big birds eat snakes.

that's how I read it in Frontier Elite 2.

I miss the lifter :(
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.

Apparently Overwatch characters are making an appearance...

"I JUST KILLED TORR-BYORN!"
Space Dust: "IT'S TERR-BYERN!"

There are a lot of easter eggs in the names or random NPCs and stations.

"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

All of the ones made by Delacy, it seems.

It's all the ones that were in the original Elite, plus a few new ones that kept the theme. Zorgon Peterson and Lakon have snakeships as well.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Is this a new one from the latest update or am I just in denial that there's YET another one of us

http://inara.cz/galaxy-engineer/14
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I was wondering when you'd notice that. Though "Colonel" is spelled differently. :D

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
They've spelt it correctly (same as most) I choose my way as I am generally an arsehole most of the time :nod:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
"Warning: capital-class signature detected."
*space-time rips apart, foghorns sound*
*LATIN CHANTING INTENSIFIES*

CAPITAL SHIPS ARE AMAZING.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
The Leviathan. o7 good hunting imperial scum.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Shameless bumping herein.

So 2.3 is ready to drop in the next few days, and we get avatars here to tie in with the release of the commander creator ;)

Anyone else quite looking forward to it?  Bwcause i want to take advantage of the new DBX slot, I need to jump back to the bubble from a third of the way to colonia, I can't even use suicidewinder lest my engineered systems go to waste. 
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline CKid

Took a break a while back. Got burned out collecting rare commodities for engineers so they would make nice things for me. Now sounds like a good time to hop back in.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
You take all your nice engineered things and you get them together.  All the things, together....

Get them together.

;)

Now is a good time, I just wish I could preload the update.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
So, I've jumped back in to try the holo-me.
It has really good cutomization options, not quite Saints Row level but damn close, I was able to whip a fairly good likeness without much effort though I sincerely wonder why I had to bind the "hold to rotate" mouse button manually.
I also did a short trip to the new CG location sicne I was only four jumps away and got to 25% with what i had lying around in my hold.

EDIT

Also: finally you can see the orientation of whatever space station you are pointing at in supercruise, that was nice.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:28:30 am by Det. Bullock »
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I myself was largely underwhelmed by this update. Before I was looking forward to it, multicrew sounded great, changes to shield stuff would net more interesting loadouts, being able to customize my look is always fun...
...but multicrew was lackluster (rank determines payout? I can't mix and match multicrew and non-multicrewed ships in a wing despite having the wing space for it?), holo-me was amusing and the most interesting bit, but the levels of customization aren't up to the same levels present in other games AND THE ****ING SUIT OPTIONS ARE BOLLOCKS. At least, AT LEAST they provided us with six free choices, but the $ amount they're looking for is ridiculous, for what is otherwise pretty lackluster options. Not even paying for different types of suits, just colours. Suppose that is in line with ship skins, which have countless options for certain ships but others have... one or none at all.

Naming ships is nice, general fluff but still nice.

I am looking forward to seeing those megaships they mentioned, but I'd honestly prefer that these new assets actually got used in some sort of mission format (if I am wrong about this do let me know, I haven't seen anything like that yet). Adding cool stuff is great, but seeing them utilized as more than just new places to dock would be nice. They're ships afterall. Could totally have missions pertaining to their destruction and piracy

The running joke for myself at any rate, is that I still can't buy a Farragut. God I want one of those.

I don't know at any rate. First impressions on the biggest aspects of this update have just left me feeling disappointed. However, the rejiggering of exploration scanning is something I very much welcome and am now more looking forward to that 5k LY trip I've been postponing for half a year (I'm immensely lazy)

Oh, one last thing
Not being able to access ship outfitting while multicrew is engaged?
BOLLOCKS
"No"

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Multicrew definitely has some weird limitations applied.

That said, flying fighters off someone else's fighter is roaring good fun.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Did anyone else get involved in the Salome event on the 29th? What did you think?

My thoughts, briefly:

* It was fun.
* It was really chaotic at just about every level.
* I participated essentially as a spectator, which is about all I expected to manage. Not ideal but hard to see how it could have been any different.
* The outcome was appropriately dramatic.
* It's as close to EvE-style intrigue and mass organization as I ever want to come.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I hear there was never any actual "influence" as it was mostly staged.