Author Topic: revisiting old games  (Read 69241 times)

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
the game was like tiberiun sun :P only its post war barbarians using octopuses and dolphins, and some sort of strange blimp with the red sickle and hammer crossed... someone got a pin or needle? ;7
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
C&C: Red Alert 2?

Post war barbarians?
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Sounds Yuri's Revenge.

Command and Conquer Red Alert 2's expansion. The barbarians sound like brutes to me. They punch tanks, yes?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Al Tarket

i am not certain however you get enough yuri clones and towers together you got more then enough of a captured battalion of troops and tanks to use, talk about an unfair advantage over one side.

anyone used to play quiver? :nervous:
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
i am not certain however you get enough yuri clones and towers together you got more then enough of a captured battalion of troops and tanks to use, talk about an unfair advantage over one side.
Yea, but if psychic towers loose power, you lose control of the captured units. And you can just 'feed' masterminds grunts to make it kill itself. And snipers can deal with the Yuri clones. If you don't have snipers, Terror Drones and dogs will do just fine. IIRC, Brutes can't attack dogs and vice versa.

Re-installed Emperor: Battle for Dune. Bring on the Minotaurs! :D

=edit=
Anyone know how to stablise framerates on old games? Right now, my Emperor frame rate goes from 60 to 100 then jumps back down, and keeps going up and down.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:00:17 pm by Stormkeeper »

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
dosbox
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
dosbox

And if you don't want to learn how to configure it, D-FEND Reloaded.

Offline Al Tarket

pretty simple,
Code: [Select]
mount c d:\folder\folder
d:
game.exe

the speed of dosbox should of been automatically set so it can played without the insame frame rate speeds.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
the speed of dosbox should of been automatically set so it can played without the insame frame rate speeds.

It usually works, but some games, like Stargunner, might encounter problems. Mind you, Stargunner is a VERY nice side-scrolling shooter. It's not as good as Raptor, but close enough. And no way can it beat Tyrian 2000.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
But Emperor is a 2001 game. Will it still work with dosbox?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Is it a DOS game? If it is, try checking the games list at http://www.dosbox.com.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Its not. T'was built for XP, iirc.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Arrr...then don't use DOSBox. It only emulates DOS games and some DOS applications like ImpulseTracker. :blah:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Al Tarket

i am on planet leeds after meeting up with trent's adoptive father. im not sure how but playing freelancer is making me crave to play gta:sa again, probably the utter random stupidity factor. going around watching random thing go off and then causing choas like flipping cars over and somehow they explode after a few seconds which is highly dubious and rather odd :lol:. i will play it after i done freelancer.

current situation: after escaping from liberty > Mactan > wormhole > Planet leeds.
Series X "dagger" border world light fighter
Barrager MK 1 2x
Barrager MK 2 2x
Stunpulse Turret
Hornet Cruise distruptor
Seeker mine
Improved Countermeasure
Advanced Guardian Shield level 4
heavy thruster
10 nanobots
15 shield regenerators
$41,000 total money.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Just picked up "House of the Dead 2" and "The Thing", anyone played these? If so any hints/tips/recommendations etc.?

EDIT....Oh yeah I also picked up "Bet on Soldier" the other day! Anyone played that?
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Downloading Fire Fight from HoTU!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
So did I. I've just finished downloading it. Now, what do I do with it?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 09:05:59 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
... Play it ?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Apparently the arj is a format 7zip can access; use it to unzip the files, the run the game. I can't seem to start it; i'm attributing that fact to vista.