Author Topic: mektek may be drowning  (Read 2667 times)

mektek may be drowning
As of today the Mektek forum has closed.  there is only a single page directing people to the heavy gear website.

Also notable is that the address at the bottom of the page is the same as that listed for Stompy Bot:
Stompy Bot Productions
1216 Sand Cove Road, Box 16  <== note, a BOX number
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
E2M 5V8

The webpage is not even properly functional.  The Heavy gear website has no forum.  So, what is the future for the HGA development?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: mektek may be drowning
Sadly not the dumpster. Also, lol viral advertizing on HLP to try and get people to look at the mektek front page.

I find it hilarious HGA turned off their forums though, because the forums had some pretty illuminating conversations between project members and the public, showing them as remarkably arrogant. People trying to crowdfund a game should never be openly denigrating members of the public asking about the state of the project. Hell, it's a bad idea for people who aren't crowdfunding.

They pulled their pledge counter back about...mid-late last year, at 120k $ and there's been nothing to imply they've gotten  any significant money since, so I'm kind of curious how they think they're going to launch an alpha in 40 days.  They haven't had the cash to develop. They're claiming they're ready to Alpha in 18 months from start to finish. They're not pros (otherwise they wouldn't even try that) and they've never shown the level of competence that requires.

The longer this goes on, the more scammy it feels, and it already felt really scammy to start.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:12:24 pm by NGTM-1R »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
OMG this is the most hilarious thing.

So they have this spiffy animated background, right, with this mech going through a corridor shooting guns. It's badly composited, does not loop smoothly, and does not actually give a good impression of what the game is, but the best thing? The laugh-out-loud, "I can't believe they did this" thing? It still has the "www.fraps.com" watermark. Seriously guys? You couldn't even manage to crop the video or, you know, buy a FRAPS license to make your big "look, this is an awesome game you should want to be a part of" website?

EDIT:

Oh, and "Bringing your imagination to life with the power of technical skill"?
"We are here to create, prototype and design the best experiences"?
"Finding, testing and debuging(sic!) code is our top priority"?
"Our state of the art products launch with world class support"?

Those are the motivational slogans you're using to get people to trust in your abilities? Really?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:37:51 am by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
:o
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

I couldn't care less about mektek, but I find it extremely disappointing that they made the MW4 release so... impractical.

Offline Zeether

I'm probably the only person here with a mild interest in this game (only because Heavy Gear's not-VOTOMS mechs look cool, mostly) but I'm also very very VERY cautious because it seems like they're trying to hype for nothing and frankly the fact that they had to drop MW4 free for this still annoys me.

They said on Facebook that they're reopening the forums, which of course means they may wipe all the threads that contain said denigration of the people asking about progress...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm probably the only person here with a mild interest in this game (only because Heavy Gear's not-VOTOMS mechs look cool, mostly) but I'm also very very VERY cautious because it seems like they're trying to hype for nothing and frankly the fact that they had to drop MW4 free for this still annoys me.

I'm an old Heavy Gear guy and I remember the glory days, but they're dead man. Now they've got a scuplts guy trying to balance the next Heavy Gear release and he thinks he should point-value stuff based on army doctrines and equipment availability to them in the fluff, rather than combat effectiveness, while half the DP9 forum screams that this is bad game design and you're just going to make some armies unbalanced this way.

And the DP9 is basically do-or-die for their next release.

Hug your 2E sourcebooks tight and be happy they happened, 'cuz it's all downhill from here.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story