Author Topic: Joystick/gamepad configuration questions  (Read 995 times)

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Joystick/gamepad configuration questions
So, on a whim, I plugged in a friends' 360 controller into my computer to see how well the game would control on a gamepad. Now, the left and right trigger(not the bumpers) are set as the Z axis, and that would be the easiest way to control thrust. However, even my regular joystick which has a z-axis throttle control can't do that. So my question is, is there some way to assign the z-axis a function inside the game?

For the record I'm using the SCP running the official 3.6.10 release .exe. More specs available if anyone knows a way to fix this/help me. Thanks.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Joystick/gamepad configuration questions
As far as I know, FS2's current control input system is limited to four controller axes, which in this case are being occupied by the two thumbsticks.  You'd probably be able to get away with binding the triggers to simple on-off controls, but I don't think there's any way to get FS2 to recognize them without using some sort of external joystick-emulation software like PPJoy.

The throttle control on a regular four-axis joystick should work just fine, though.  Are you sure you have it bound to "Absolute Throttle Axis" in the controls config?