Author Topic: semi-sub-official hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!  (Read 147392 times)

Offline karx11erx

• D2X-XL and DLE-XP coder
    • Descent 2 & D2X-XL
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 multiplayer action!
watsisname,

Speed! or Glass House. Check my D2 site, multiplayer level section for screenshots, you might tell which it was when seeing them. I'd like to know which one it was.

Offline watsisname

watsisname,

Speed! or Glass House. Check my D2 site, multiplayer level section for screenshots, you might tell which it was when seeing them. I'd like to know which one it was.

Ah, yes it was speed.  Very interesting level except it kept crashing.  I'll see what happens if I try playing that level and I'll post the result.  EDIT:  I tried playing it as a host and the same problem occured, except this time it CTD's almost immediately.  There isn't a debug window or error message, it simply quits.  EDIT2:  I also tried "glass house" and the same problem occurs.  I'm starting to think that the problem is due to the teleporters, but I reall don't know for sure.  :confused:

BTW, Ulala's level has exploded (kill limit reached) so until he restarts the game I will host my own at ip=71.126.129.146.  The level will be "fire and steel".  Hope to see you all there! :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 09:48:09 pm by watsisname »
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: semi-sub-offitial hlp super happy descent 2 mu
Is your game still up? I couldn't find it.

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Thanks. Forgot about the link on page 4. Edit it into the first post maybe?

EDIT: DLing speeds are a bit slow for fileh. Mirrors?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 10:30:21 pm by AqueousShadow »

Offline watsisname

Is your game still up? I couldn't find it.
Curious, I have had it up and running since my last post.  Could you try using the other ip address (192.168.0.101)?  I'm still unsure of which ip the game is actually using.  (It says the second ip for host address when I host a game, but my actual ip adress is the first one).  If both ip's fail to show anything, then...  :confused:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
There isn't anything showing up at either address for me. I think it could be some firewall related issue on your end.

I could try hosting it, although I'm not sure whether my game will be visible either. The IP is 69.138.167.250.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Hmm, well i know for a fact i can host, i'l throw a game up though i probbably wont be playing, i'l try to check now and again.

actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline watsisname

I didn't see CP's game... checking Firecrack's...

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Some fun times again tonight. :D Did anyone ever manage to hit the switch behind that fan? I think a particularly lucky child missile from a smart or earthshaker may be the only way to get that, as it looks like a phoenix ball wouldn't fit.

Also, karx, I have been playing through your Warp Shockwave mission and noticed two bugs. The briefings aren't showing up since the txb's filename doesn't match up with the current version hog's filename (can be fixed by just renaming that txb file). The secret level seems to have some problem as well. It says it can't read the level file when I enter the secret teleporter in the Nautilus level. I changed the weaptest.rl2,5 in the mn2 file to weaptest.rl2,4 and it seems to fix that problem, but when it tries to load the level, it just freezes in the loading screen.

These levels are remarkable, quite unlike any of the other mission packs I have played. I never thought the D2 engine was capable of all that. Very impressive. :yes:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 11:37:57 am by CP5670 »

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
My server's back up.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline karx11erx

• Descent 2 & D2X-XL
CP5670,

thx for the hint. I have fixed the mission and uploaded it.

In what mission is that switch behind the fan you want to hit?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It was the Dogfight map (the one on your site, not the official four-level pack that comes with D2). Firecrack was trying to hit something behind the fan near the omega cannon's enclave, which I'm guessing was a switch.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
anyone playing any games today?
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I'm up for it if anyone else is.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline karx11erx

• Descent 2 & D2X-XL
It was the Dogfight map (the one on your site, not the official four-level pack that comes with D2). Firecrack was trying to hit something behind the fan near the omega cannon's enclave, which I'm guessing was a switch.
It's pretty easy to hit that switch. Load it up in singleplayer and practise a little. Using that map makes sense with 'fixed powerup spawn points' (gameplay options menu), as then the big missiles will always spawn in that shaft, making it somewhat risky to get them - the price for having the big artillery ... ;)

Btw, how did you like that map? I think the rooms might be a little large ...

Try Circus Maximus, it might play very well with 4 or more players.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I have to ask this...have you guys tried Minerva yet? :p

Offline karx11erx

• Descent 2 & D2X-XL
DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!!! :mad: :hopping: :no: :mad2: :ick:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It's pretty easy to hit that switch. Load it up in singleplayer and practise a little. Using that map makes sense with 'fixed powerup spawn points' (gameplay options menu), as then the big missiles will always spawn in that shaft, making it somewhat risky to get them - the price for having the big artillery ...

Btw, how did you like that map? I think the rooms might be a little large ...

Try Circus Maximus, it might play very well with 4 or more players.

Dogfight was actually very nice with three people, one of the better maps we've played in my opinion. The fights took place everywhere in the level rather than being concentrated in one room like in some of the other levels we played.

Wasn't that a D3 map? That name sounds vaguely familiar.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Am i the only one who kinda feels as if the BSG guys were playing descent when designing the cylons?
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Yes.

More missions must I download.