Author Topic: Release: Sathanas  (Read 30737 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I like it, the overall form looks organic, but the individual pieces are all very hard edged and metallic.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I tested the latest version with fixed main beams. It seems to work! Look at this, he's just slayin' my capships :D

And as you can see, now particles works fine.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
hell yeah!!

link?
el hombre vicio...

Here's a link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?76nadnv9abedfhb

I also attached a link to the first page, in case this post gets buried.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Files updated.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

This shot is terrifying.  :shaking: An excellent show of bob's skills. :D

Agreed. Bloody hell!
"Do you plunder?"
"I have been known to plunder..."
"I refer ye t' darkstar one, one o' th' newer big budget spacers - it's lack o' variety were bein' insultin', an' th' mechanics weren't polished at all.  Every time a title like wot comes out, it pushes th' return o' th' space shooter genre further down th' sea." - Talk like a pirate day '09
"Hope for the best, expect the worst." -Heinlein

i never put things like this in my freespace folder. were do you put the pof file? data models? :confused:

The vp on freespacemods.net has been updated with the correct pof. Just follow the link on the first page. :)

i know that, but when you download it were do you put it?

I think you put it into its own folder in your main FreeSpace2 folder. Then in the launcher you select that folder (the one with the vp) as the mod you're running.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
or drop it in the mediavps folder and play some real kick ass fs2 campaign missions.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I was thinking about merging those four maps into a single one and I was thinking so hard that I did it. I did not know what to do with it so I decided to simply leave it here. It is in dae but it is definitely not ready to be converted to pof and needs some work on hierarchy and smoothing, since they most likely weren't preserved. If anyone cares much enought to take care of it.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline FSW

This spaceship sports a truly threatening visage. Every element of this masterpiece screams malice, and the level of detail emphasises its enormity. I cannot congratulate bobbtmann enough.

I flew around it earlier in Bearbaiting, running Valathil's shadow build, and found that some of the flak turrets can shoot through its own hull. I do not know whether this is the case with the retail model.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case on the retail model as well, since that happened with several of :v:'s models.  Those two main flak batteries always seemed to have some pretty significant angular range.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Yeah, they've always shot right through its "face" I know.

Offline Kolgena

Small Nitpick: There's a part on the glow map that looks a bit unnatural to me. I was examining the model, but couldn't figure out where the highlighted glow is "projected" from. It's not in any direct line of sight of any of the red glowy "windows", as far as I can tell.

Did anyone else notice this?

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Well, it had to have come from somewhere. Is it in view of the  engines? I know they cast a big glow on the front legs.

Offline Kolgena

I was actually wondering if the lights placed for the red slit right under it might have been too high or bleeding thru the geometry. The glow might be coming from the engines as well, but parts of the hull closer to the flame/light are dark.

Offline H-Alien

I tested the latest version with fixed main beams. It seems to work! Look at this, he's just slayin' my capships :D

*snip*

I absolutely love the Sathanas in these shots, great model. I also love the color effect (or lack of) in these shots, are those specific for "shadow genesis" or are you using specific shaders? Can't really tell if it's just the backdrop that gives it this unique feeling or if there are specific shaders at work ;)

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Its just the background. SG has no dedicated shaders.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/