Hosted Projects - Standalone > WoD Archive

[WIP] SF Knight

<< < (2/11) > >>

X3N0-Life-Form:
SF stands for Sol Force, the armed forces branch of the Sol Union faction. Let me dig up the relevent post in the game forum ...

EDIT - There it is

Commander Zane:
Heh. I just found that and was about to edit my post to scratch the question out.

AndrewofDoom:

--- Quote from: Flak on March 27, 2014, 04:10:21 am ---So is this going to be SF version of the Lord? Otherwise it might be as well a CRF ship in place of the Champion.

--- End quote ---

No. The Knight will likely be comparable to the Lord, but is definitely SF through and through. The name Knight is actually from a never seen LSF ship from the original WoD, and I had made one version of the older one. I figured I'd keep the name since Spoon did for the Champion as well and all the old LSF ships. Unless he hasn't been telling us something. :P

That being said, I plan to make the SF and LSF Knight. It'll be really easy to do.

--- Quote from: Dekker on March 27, 2014, 03:48:22 am ---What's the colour scheme going to be?

--- End quote ---

It'll match the new Champion. Spoon provided me the source files for reference. It's gives me a much better reference on what I really should be designing. Also allows me to yoink parts of the ship that are likely common with the SF ships. Namely, the turrets and the winglets.

--- Quote from: Lorric on March 27, 2014, 05:13:15 am ---I remember the name Knight from somewhere, probably the in-game information.

--- End quote ---

The Knight was mentioned only in WoD...once maybe twice? From what I gathered from the little information in game and from talking with Spoon way back when, the Knight was a battleship. It was beefy, big, and unlike most of the LSF ships, had a pretty impressive broadside firepower.

--- Quote from: Lorric on March 27, 2014, 05:13:15 am ---It's a very nice looking model, I can just picture fighters streaming from both bays.

--- End quote ---

Don't forget the two underneath as well!

Anyway, updated the first post with my lastest progress.

Commander Zane:

--- Quote from: AndrewofDoom on March 27, 2014, 03:04:58 pm ---The Knight was mentioned only in WoD...once maybe twice? From what I gathered from the little information in game and from talking with Spoon way back when, the Knight was a battleship. It was beefy, big, and unlike most of the LSF ships, had a pretty impressive broadside firepower.

--- End quote ---
I'm guessing that information will carry on in this version as well?

Lorric:
I think that colour scheme will look good here. And of course, it's great that it matches up with the other powerful SF capital ship, the Champion. :)

--- Quote from: AndrewofDoom on March 27, 2014, 03:04:58 pm ---The Knight was mentioned only in WoD...once maybe twice? From what I gathered from the little information in game and from talking with Spoon way back when, the Knight was a battleship. It was beefy, big, and unlike most of the LSF ships, had a pretty impressive broadside firepower.
--- End quote ---

From what I have floating around in my head, I think it was billed as the most powerful capital ship. Or at least one of.

--- Quote from: Lorric on March 27, 2014, 05:13:15 am ---It's a very nice looking model, I can just picture fighters streaming from both bays.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Don't forget the two underneath as well!
--- End quote ---

Ohhhhh nice! :pimp:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version