Author Topic: bsg-like eve fan trailer  (Read 6753 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: bsg-like eve fan trailer
Which means the latter is true.

Oh no, the landmines are in the sandbox, I assure you. I've watched plenty of people blown sky-high over it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I haven't read though every comment here but has it ever come to anyones mind that its possible to extract EVE ships, get them into FSO and do a singleplayer campaign with it?
I have played EVE only for a short time, don't have the time to get into the depth of EVE as I would like to but in that short time I have seen that there are some quite good reads and also a quite entertaining novel about EVE, so there should be enough material to create a good singleplayer campaign for EVE.

So has anyone here tried to port EVE to Freespace?
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It could have been done if people still had old installs. As far as I know the newer data hasn't been extracted yet.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Firartix

• Random Noob
I don't think you can really do it....

first, copyright problems i guess

second, the ship style in EVE is total different from freespace.

afaik, in freespace the whole ship-style is "everything is a coolie mobile base!" (hence appearance of stuff like Sync ?)
ships got AAA, anti capship beams, sometimes stuff like fusion  mortars, and coolie lasers blobs for the lulz
if you take WiH, it goes even further: the UEF ships have fighters, ewar, forward cannons, torpedoes, and interception turrets

in EVE it's closer to navy stuff tho, since every ship is specialized for one purpose.
For example, a destroyer boasts only frigate-sized guns - and is total useless against anything like a cruiser or bigger.
The scorpion battleship is specialized in Ewar, and you can add some launchers on top of that but.... it can't really defend itself against smally stuff otherwise (aside from jamming em)
and so on ...
So to make something cool in freespace, you'd have to recreate 20v20+ capships battle, which i guess would be incredibly laggy... :/