Author Topic: Help us solve the M21 Airframe Problem  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Axem

Help us solve the M21 Airframe Problem
One of the more confounding bugs that's been hard to debug and solve is the odd "Airframes destroyed" bug from Her Finest Hour, where a number of people are told too many airframes were destroyed and Calder has taken you off his friends list when you're so sure that you did such a good job.

So here's what I need from you.

1) To have played Her Finest Hour in a campaign setting and have gotten the mismatched debrief
2) Attach the pilot file you used to your post (in like a zip file). This is found in /data/players/. Specifically the *.plr file and the *.bp2-p2.csg files.

Thanks for your help!

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Re: Help us solve the M21 Airframe Problem
Coming atcha!

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Uploading two sets.  One is from before mission completion (but after like eight tries), the other is immediately following.  I did not get the mistmatched briefing.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline Axem

The bug has been found and destroyed. Thanks to you guys (and niffiwan) for your help!

Offline qwadtep

Out of curiosity, what caused it?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Campaign persistent variables are set at debrief init, not (as we previously believed) at the end of a successful debrief. This means that if players failed the mission (without dying) and went to a failure debrief screen, all their air wing losses would be added to the CPV.

We actually had a fix in place in the mission file for more than a year, but we never figured out how to repro the bug so we weren't able to check whether the fix worked.

e: basically the problem was this: everyone believed CPVs were only stored at the end of a successful campaign mission. Turns out that's not true.

e2: Come to think of it, that means a lot of our other campaign persistent variables are probably ****ed too.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:39:01 am by General Battuta »

Offline Veers

29 May 2014, 09:37:57

Reply #3 on: 29 May 2014, 23:08:02

Gotta love efficiency! :)
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
The bug has been found and destroyed. Thanks to you guys (and niffiwan) for your help!

Awesome, You're welcome!

EDIT: Out of curiosity, will the "Ok so you caught Lopez, but U lost all my pilots and I is nevar talking to U again!" outcome still haunt me on Act 4?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:18:20 pm by InsaneBaron »
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You should replay Tenebra so it doesn't. :P