Author Topic: 3.2 suggestions (non ship-related)  (Read 3069 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
3.2 suggestions (non ship-related)
-More music! I'd love to have tracks from episodes such as "Endgame" and "The Long, Twilight Struggle"
-Crusade-style jump points. Since Crusade is newer than the original series, Crusade's jump points should be considered the definitive ones.
-More characters in the head anis, especially important characters like Lochley, Vir, and Marcus (I think Sinclair is missing too).
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Burns

-Agreed
-Not necessarily.
-Sure, more variety would be nice.
That which does not kill me is delaying the inevitable.

Vir? Why would Vir be on the comline though?

Who knows? It'd be ace though.

"Vir? Get off this comm channel! We're in the middle of a shooting war!"

I don't think they have clips of them on com channel

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Yeap. More head anis.
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
1. I don't think SCP has yet pumped music.tbl limitations. We're using he max number of music tracks allowed in the retail FS2. If the limits have been upped, we'll look into it.
2. We voted on this internally few months back and decided to stay with the original style. So no Crusade or Legend of the Rangers style jump effects.
3. I think here were some limits as well, so we might have already hit the limit. If we can add more comm anims, we'll look into it. Keep in mind that comm anims are captures from the shows and movies, and if there are none for someone, I doubt we'll animate one ourselves.

Seriously though, are you even using the current music and comm anims to their fullest?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Personally I'd love to have seen a Midnight on the FIring Line soundtrack and (even better) a Call to Arms soundtrack! It's probably a good job we don't have the latter. I'd be prone to over using it. I love Evan Chen's Call stuff, and yes, I am certifiably insane.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Slasher

I think we already have an Endgame track both in-game and for the briefing in TBP.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Akalabeth Angel
Vir? Why would Vir be on the comline though?

In season 5, he becomes ambassador and then emperor.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
1. I don't think SCP has yet pumped music.tbl limitations. We're using he max number of music tracks allowed in the retail FS2. If the limits have been upped, we'll look into it.

The current limit is way over the retail one. There is a table floating around with all of the tracks from FS1 and FS2 on it.

--General Battuta

Offline Todo

More emotional scenes. Like some of the debriefings where you read the sad story (for example the Bradbury destroyed and more than 800 people dead :( ) and there is that very emotional music playing in the background. More of that. :)

EDIT: But don't over do it. You don't have to make it as dramatic as the Bold and the Beautiful. ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 04:59:25 am by 1997 »