Author Topic: 3.6.7  (Read 3208 times)

Offline Dwin

Okay, so I've looked aroudn and I've asked people, but I just cant seem to find the link for the 3.6.7 build. So, can someone please provide me with a direct link to 3.6.7?

Thank you

Probably because the latest version is 3.6.8, which you can find in the Source Code Project Forum.

But if you want to get the 3.6.7, head to this site: http://scp.indiegames.us/news.php.
Check the downloads section, and remember to get the mediavp's (1 and 2, you won't need 3).
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Dwin

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Actually 3.6.7 is the latest Official builds. The 3.6.8 Media VPs for Freespace are already out in a beta format (well delta actually) so that when the official 3.6.8 is released they will be ready.

He won't want the media VPs except for playing Freespace. You should never install the media VPs somewhere TBP can find them. Results would be somewhat unpredictable.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I meant the media's for 3.6.7, not the 3.6.8 deltas.

And whoever said anything about TBP? That kinda came out of nowhere.....
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well except for the forum that this is in :p

It's not clear to me at least why Dwin wants 3.6.7 (or even whether he wants the exe or media VPs since he used the word build) and it's best to make sure before he goes and download the 3.6.7 media VPs and sticks them in his TBP folder.

@Dwin if you want to play Freespace not TBP with improved graphics then you're on the right track. If not best to stop and make clear exactly what you are after before things go any further. :)

Offline Dwin

I want 3.6.7 because of the 3.3 release, which crashed the game the last time I tried to play it. So I'm guessing it's because 3.3 isn't compatable with my version of TPB, and on the release topic, it tells me that 3.6.7 is the recommended build for the 3.3 release.

:confused:

Edit: also, 3.6.7 isn't playable for me. When I previewed the models in Tech Data, several of them were all warped and distorted. The game crashes when I try to start a mission.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Thought so. You want the 3.6.7 exes not the media VPs. Go to the Source Code Project forum and you should see a big stickied thread :)

Guess I should know better than to attempt arguing with Mr. Freespace FAQ.... :p

Offline Dwin

Yep, I got the exes. Never downloaded the VPs.

3.6.7 isn't playable for me. When I previewed the models in Tech Data, several of them were all warped and distorted. The game crashes when I try to start a mission.

Any ideas? I'm guessing its a problem with my graphics card not being able to support certain visual effects, but I've never changed them.

Offline Dwin

Nope, it's not even that. My game is just being stupid for no apparent reason.

A friend of mine (214, he's a member here) suggests running on OpenGL mode rather than DirectX. He said he had a similiar problem.

Offline Dwin

Okay, I'm trying this again.

When I run the new launcher, which exe should I find? Because now I have the original fs2_open_r and the new 3.6.7 exes.

edit: Strange...3.6.7 works now.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 08:28:27 am by Dwin »