Author Topic: 3.4b Orion ctd  (Read 2748 times)

Offline boewolf

Running a new fresh install (removing all previous installs), as soon as i try to target the Orion station or place one in fred I crash to the desktop.  Anyone have any ideas what I have or am doing wrong?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
which mission?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Never heard of this one. Sorry. 34b has been nothing but stable in my experience.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Change your graphics drivers. If that fails to response your problem. Play something else.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline boewolf

After numerous attempts to make the debug build to work i have discovered that my ea-debris01-glow.eff is unable to load all the frames.  Could this mean that the file is slightly corrupt inside the vp.  I get the same error when i extract the file as well.  I can't see if anything else is going to go wrong at this point.  locks up and wants to crash again.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
After numerous attempts to make the debug build to work i have discovered that my ea-debris01-glow.eff is unable to load all the frames.

That's the case with all of our machines and it only crashes yours.

Offline boewolf

stupid xp home...  i didn't have this problem with pro...  will have to talk to my techy