Author Topic: @ emi : Screenshot from EACW's severed dreams :)  (Read 3356 times)

Offline Skullar

@ emi : Screenshot from EACW's severed dreams :)
To show you EACW's background and Epsilon 3 :)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 05:24:34 am by Skullar »

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: @ emi : Screenshot from EACW's severed dreams :)
seems to look better than my Babylon 5 Background from FH2261. Mind sending me the thing?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Your game has really improved Skullar I want to see you and Vidmaster in a "who's the best FREDDER ***** fight".
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

not really  :doubt:  I would just like to use this one, since it's better than mine.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Skullar

Oh, hello Ian !

By the way, I accidentally found out yesterday that my FS2_open doesnt write screenshots to file, it puts them on the clipboard !
I don't know why, but as soon as I noticed I just paste them to new picture in Paintshop and... voila !

Next time I am online : tomorrow.
I will send you the setting, vidmaster, in case I don't forget to pack things when I am home again.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 10:09:49 am by Skullar »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Off topic here but your the second person in the last couple of days that has mentioned that screenshot problem.  Mind taking a look at this thread and see if you have any similarities? 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I would just like to use this one, since it's better than mine.

so do I - my epsilon-sector stuff is somewhat old...
May I please have that setting as well, Skullar?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
 :eek2:
wow! THAT look nice. Well done Skullar.
That "epsilon 3" planet isn't in the TBP core, right?
If you want, can you send me a mission sample?  :)
I'll love to see the details.

For everyone: I also made an Epsilon Eridani's space backgorund. Here are some samples:

:)
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Offline Vidmaster

enough of this! everybody post their Epsilon Backgrounds here and compare  :)
Here is the mission Dawn from FortuneHunters 2261. All major spoilers and dialogue removed.

EDIT: removed file again. We want to save uploading space don't we?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 11:02:31 am by Vidmaster »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
To join the competition:
My "Sign and Portens"-mission from .... - gosh - exact 3 years ago
the BG is rather primitve ... and I guess you can all see why I need another Epsilon Eridani-BG

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline emi_100

• www.artstation.com/emimartinez
 :lol:
Who decide the winner?  ;7
 :p
DEDICATED TO ALL THE
PEOPLE WHO PREDICTED
THAT THE BABYLON
PROJECT WOULD FAIL IN
IT'S MISSION.

-------FAITH MANAGES------
  • Normal Maps for -The Babylon Project-
  • "Battle at ..." (Campaign) You can't choose when, but you will choose where... and you will fight! GO NOW!
  • "One Mistake" (Third Space Campaign)
  • "Each Night I Dream of Home" (Crusade Single Mision)

Offline Skullar

Everyone has his personal preferences. Me, ( as you can see on the **** ), I prefer to use mostly mild nebulae, to just softly accentuate the background. I try to keep contrasts low, so the background does not distract you from the mission.

Too many sharp nebulae, in my opinion, lead to loosing overview, and you cannot easily distinguish vessels from background art.

Offline Vidmaster

yeah, me too.
However the argument of the ships is silly, you can actually spot ships better, especially from a distance.

Who decide the winner?  ;7
 :p

nobody does, this is no competition  :lol:   Fredders should create good campaigns for the players and not compete with their colleagues (not rivals! :rolleyes:). Constructive criticism is good, anything else isn't.
I just wanted to show how different the same thing can look when made by different people.