Author Topic: Gift for hard-working (and going solo)  (Read 28341 times)

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
Re: Gift for hard-working (and going solo)

Ah, now you get it.  :yes:  What does Swantz think?  EDIT: well, with a "2" in there, you'd get it XD

EDIT2: The other option would be to have "FreeSpace" on top of the red FS symbol, and "Halo" below it, so that the red FS symbol forms the "2"...

Ok, why not? Gonna try it now...

EDIT: Here you go

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/1922/option7xz2.jpg

THE APOCALYPSE PROJECT IS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS!!! SIGN UP AT:
The official forum | The official website

"Only a braindead idiot would take that post to mean that I'm planning on taking legal action on anyone and without cause or reason." -Derek Smart

Harsh words, Derek. Harsh words. And what do you get? No liscence, no FreeSpace, only some stfu from HLP. That is legal.

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!
A complete rewrite of the FS2 quotes!
HLP Cards! Click here to make one of yourself!

The original FreeSpace 3 wishlist!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
jr2, that looks nice.  The original text just looked kinda cheap.  Kinda like WordArt.  :p
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
So, everyone likes this?  (Nice work, nubbles!  :D)

Offline .omertian.

• My 3D graphic card got bust.....
Not bad mike, But I don't think It meets your normal progress.... :yes:
I love perseus!!!

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
Not bad mike, But I don't think It meets your normal progress.... :yes:

Hey, thats Nubbles for you. Otherwise I need to find my Beam Cannon, AGAIN! :beamz:

AND progress?! Hey, just because this isn't made for any of your profiles, doesn't mean there is not progress. Let's see how you do! (Oh! Dissed!)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 02:27:57 pm by nubbles526 »

"Only a braindead idiot would take that post to mean that I'm planning on taking legal action on anyone and without cause or reason." -Derek Smart

Harsh words, Derek. Harsh words. And what do you get? No liscence, no FreeSpace, only some stfu from HLP. That is legal.

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

I still like the logo it post 10 on this page http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,47158.0.html.  However mybe you could combine the ideas with the fonts from that pic and the idea of the symbols overlapping from this pic.

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
Actualy I did try it before. (Nice job on that logo btw) However, it doesn't really match the backrground then. I'll make an example.

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
The merged logo is a really excellent idea, but the background is just a little overwhelming.

Case in point: In both Halo and Freespace 2, the logos you've used have almost exclusively been used on relatively bland or otherwise subdued backgrounds, drawing the focus of the view immediately to the logo itself rather than a flashy background. Perhaps you could try giving this a go? The merged logo - perhaps merely a silhouette to reduce the pixellation - upon a far, far more subtle background akin to the splashscreens in Halo and its sequel.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I think this logo is cool.Keep getting better.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

The merged logo is a really excellent idea, but the background is just a little overwhelming.

Case in point: In both Halo and Freespace 2, the logos you've used have almost exclusively been used on relatively bland or otherwise subdued backgrounds, drawing the focus of the view immediately to the logo itself rather than a flashy background. Perhaps you could try giving this a go? The merged logo - perhaps merely a silhouette to reduce the pixellation - upon a far, far more subtle background akin to the splashscreens in Halo and its sequel.

I definately agree with that.  Another thing I didn't understand.  Why is the logo red?  It should be more of a silver/blue combo to go with the color schemes in the games.  Also, I don't like the font.  It doesn't fit with either game.

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
if you have a freespace font, it doesent look right. same for a halo font. i think the current one is a nice  :yes:

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Another thing I didn't understand.  Why is the logo red?  It should be more of a silver/blue combo to go with the color schemes in the games.  Also, I don't like the font.  It doesn't fit with either game.

Hmm, nubbles, can you make one with the FS logo highlighted in bluish silver?  I've been curious about how that would look myself.  (Pretty please?  :) )

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Invert the colors in MSPaint. :p

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

Offline Wolfy

hate to say it, but, i th ink i prefer the inverted one :S
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

if you have a freespace font, it doesent look right. same for a halo font. i think the current one is a nice  :yes:

Okay, but use something that is futuristic and clean, not bluegreen and jagged.

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
futuristic and clean looks boring
why? it would look kinda boring that way.

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
Sorry for being gone for a long time, family emergency. But everything is fine now :)

Personally the inverted one does look pretty awesome, but you can't really se the background now.

I'm gonna try to do what you guys ask for, but heck, school does come in first :hopping:

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
Mr. jr2, here is your order.

Removed the textures (kinda) And somehow I couldn't make a more silverish color. I'm still working on it, so improvements are on the way, so this is v.0.01 i suppose.

EDIT: Another one, but still not that good. Keep trying...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 10:13:26 am by nubbles526 »

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....