Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 908390 times)

Offline -Sara-

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Maybe 3DMark will want to use WiH to stress-test videocards. :P

On a serious note, Massive Battle seems to run on 2-3 fps on my PC at the start, going to about 10-20 fps once the beams calm down, and I'm running a really fast rig.

edit: so no, it won't run fast on modern PC's.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:08:09 pm by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I guess it runs decently on high-end rigs.

I am not 100% certain what Battuta's intent was when he created it.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I just want to say that I think WiH is really amazing; excellent work and integration of fiction into the storyline. An amazing campaign so far. I can actually see the scenes that are written about--the writing is some of the best I've seen in Freespace2 or any sci-fi fan fiction for that matter. The missions are also great. Not since Homeworld have I felt as bound up in the stories of the characters.

If you ever need help with voice acting please let me know, it's something I do in real life and would be happy to volunteer.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I just want to say that I think WiH is really amazing; excellent work and integration of fiction into the storyline. An amazing campaign so far. I can actually see the scenes that are written about--the writing is some of the best I've seen in Freespace2 or any sci-fi fan fiction for that matter. The missions are also great. Not since Homeworld have I felt as bound up in the stories of the characters.

If you ever need help with voice acting please let me know, it's something I do in real life and would be happy to volunteer.

Thank you! We're really surprised at and grateful for how overwhelmingly positive the reaction has been.

And if you're a voice actor, yes, we absolutely 100% need you. Could you send me a PM with your email?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
So you are going to put voice acting in War in Heaven too?

If so, I also offer my services.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline -Norbert-

I'd also like to volunteer for that. And if the Labouchere ever makes an appearance, don't you dare give her to anyone else to voice act :P

And now something completely different.
Will there be a glide mod, like the one that came as part of the old 3.6.12 feature pack? I just love to glide  ;)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I'd like to volunteer as well.

QUESTION: Is there any way to activate the new radar symbols? I have the 3d radar, but not the icons included in 3.6.12.

Offline Madcat

QUESTION: Is there any way to activate the new radar symbols? I have the 3d radar, but not the icons included in 3.6.12.

Yes, download the icons... it's a separate, optional file in the 3.6.12 release thread.

Is there anyway to target the next nav buoy in the Kentauroi Race? Except for "Target under reticle"? I hate flying hair close to hard objects while having to look on my radar for the next waypoint...  :D
So far my record is, IIRC, 2:39 in the mission stats after warpout.

Offline Qent

Is there anyway to target the next nav buoy in the Kentauroi Race? Except for "Target under reticle"? I hate flying hair close to hard objects while having to look on my radar for the next waypoint...  :D
So far my record is, IIRC, 2:39 in the mission stats after warpout.

Shift+T twice happens to select the next buoy.

Offline Vip

is massive battle supposed to run decently on modern computers? 

Heeeeeeeeell no.

I haven't seen such a frame-drop in a looooong, looooong time. Actually, I don't remember seeing anything similar to this at all. Still, as soon as all the Karunas were destroyed, this slideshow changed into a real 60FPS battle :)

I didn't know that the Solaris class was so powerful, in the end all 3 destroyers lived to see another battle. What kind of stats and weaponry those monsters have ? I also wonder how well they would perform against the Colossus or a Sathanas.
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline -Sara-

Heeeeeeeeell no.

I haven't seen such a frame-drop in a looooong, looooong time. Actually, I don't remember seeing anything similar to this at all. Still, as soon as all the Karunas were destroyed, this slideshow changed into a real 60FPS battle :)

I didn't know that the Solaris class was so powerful, in the end all 3 destroyers lived to see another battle. What kind of stats and weaponry those monsters have ? I also wonder how well they would perform against the Colossus or a Sathanas.

http://blueplanet.fsmods.net/E/solaris-poster.png

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Heeeeeeeeell no.

They're only par with a Raynor and Serkr Team could take one out without a scratch. Sometimes that battle goes the UEF's way, sometimes the GTVA's.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

See stats here.

Against a Sathanas, well.... Mathematically speaking, the Sathanas will destroy the Solaris in roughly 5 seconds, if it can bring all BFReds to bear. Conversely, it will take ... uhh ... what we call a very long time for the Solaris to eat through the 1.000.000 HP the Sath has.

Against the Collossus, the same thing applies regarding the 1 million HP, but since the Collies' damage output is much lower, the Solaris has a greater chance of knocking out the Collies' beams.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Weyland-Yutani
Nothing good will come out from this
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Damn, speaking of the radar icons I meant to check the .vp to see what was there (Oh wait, my hard drive crashed, got to wait four months, wheee), when I first played a mission with it there didn't seem to be icons for the UEF still, though I remember the Tev fighter icons were pretty big. The fact it uses the icon for the fighter it is was awesome though.

Offline swamper123

• Just call me Swamper
Thank BP team for your effort creating first, age of aquarius , and now war in heaven, I was playing some levels,but well my computer lags a lot even at mininum requirements , i will play it when i have more ram and video memory, thanks a lot again,  ;)

P.D: sorry about my english (:
Let's play Blue Planet

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Blue Planet: War in Heaven Tech Description

Prior to the outbreak of the UEF-GTVA war, the Solaris class Destroyers were the most controversial pieces of military hardware in use by the Federation. They represented a massive investment of resources and manpower that, according to critics, was fundamentally unnecessary. Designed by an ad-hoc committee of the Federation's best engineering and tactical thinkers and built at Mars' Bradbury Fleet Yards, these enormous warships seemed like answers to a nonexistent problem.
Had the UEF decided not to make those three Solaris destroyers. How different would the war have gone?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline -Sara-

They might have had 8 or so light destroyers maybe being able to have good footing with fast response, who's to say. All I know is they DO have 3 destroyers and they seem to work well as long as the Tev's are bottlenecked.

How many Titans do the Tevs have anyways?  We see three over the course of BP, but are there any that aren't involved in the Tev-Fed war?