Author Topic: RERELEASE - Derelict  (Read 91860 times)

I'm in the SOC arc; one spelling mistake in 'return to the hulk' - the Boas will 'reease' their bombs, and this would be bad.  Escher also never proceeds to the node after the pirate attack, flies in circles, etc etc.

Someone needs to standardise the tables.  People built their mods on horrible hackjobs and walking zombies of installs; a bit of version control should sort out the confusion.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html

If you have tables in your data folders, you need to get rid of them. Data folder tables override the tables in the VP, which is what you need to be using 'cause that's the one the campaign works with.

Offline DIO

theres couple of bugs in this rerelease.

Bugs
dl2-01
Ithaca is always being destroyed by Cypher while it's jumping out.
dl2-11
When Nyarlathotep wakes up, it fires it's beams to GVCv Bast, but somehow Bast is made invulnable that time and it's not being destroyed.
And same message repeat twice saying Bast is destroyed.
dl3-04
After scanning Nyarlathotep and cruiser, command says get you self some distance and return to base, but even if I speed up the game 64x for 1 minute, command doesn't give authorisation and if I RTB, the missions has failed.

BR thanks... I think LSs ships.tbl is the one that was in my fs root when I started - it caused problems and I took it out.  But now my fighter choice screen and wingman panel is broken - don't campaigns like tables moving?  Should I start a new campaign without any tables to fix it?  What is the ships.tbl in LSs releases for, if his stuff is in the vp now?

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
For all the completed voice stuff for derelict that I could dig up,
http://fs2source.warpcore.org/temp/derelict_voice.exe

I posted that awhile ago too, so if you already have a derelict_voice.exe, it's probably that one. ;)
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I never found that, but, SWEET!!! :yes2: :D :yes:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline WMCoolmon

Incidentally, are there fs2_openified Saphah maps?
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hey, WMC, is this one of those "self extracting" EXEs? Like the original Derelict's (or should I say: Unholy Alliance's) installer?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
BTW, I got this error when I tried to open the Derelict Voice VP:

Run-time Error 372

Failed to load control 'MMControl' from MCI32.OCX. Your version of MCI32.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

help, please? and BTW, i'm using VPVIEW32.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
OK, now I'm getting weirded out. I can't even open the VPVIEW32 itself! i just keep getting the same error message as last post.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Try QuickVP... I find that works when VPView crashes.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Roki

Two questions where do i get the voice acting vps for this campagin assume there where any and also with the neb sets i had to download for the background where do i extract them too Cheers
"Death Solves all problems No man No problem"

Offline Roki

never mind just found the voice thing silly me to slack to look threw fourm but the back rounds files i download the 6 sets i still need to know where to put the dam things

Offline Roki

HEY! the voice thing works well but not on all the missons whats up with that was voice acting just not done for every mission ? or somthing along those lines or do i need do somthing else other than just putting the vp in my free space directory

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
no. the voice acting was never finished as far as we know.

Offline DIO

I found a fatal bug in dl4-08.
After I destroy the Cthon and try to depart, it always crashed back to desktop.
So I can't move from dl4-08.
Is this only me?
Why this rerelease is so screwd up in my PC?

Offline Roki

cheers man

Offline Spidey-

Hey, uhh... I never got around to playing the original Derelict and I really don't know anything about how to edit my files to fix these probs. Would it be safer to wait for a new stable release?
BTW, I wouldn't mind doing a bit of voice acting if you can use my voice.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i can do some voice acting too. i can imitate voices from the original cast.

Offline WMCoolmon

Aye, me three, if I can do some work that I'm happy with at a reasonable rate. ;)
-C