Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844170 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Long gone that one.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Just out of interest what GTVA ships are remaining from R1? we know of the Acylone, Phobos (albeit these 2 are being redesigned) and Boreas. Are any other terran vasudan ships remaining?

Is the Vasudan Corvetted that looks like the searcher 1 from buck rogers, err the mandes i think it was called remaining? i always liked that corvette.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
:(

Vesuvius was cool, back in the day. HTLed it could be awesome again.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Just out of interest what GTVA ships are remaining from R1? we know of the Acylone, Phobos (albeit these 2 are being redesigned) and Boreas. Are any other terran vasudan ships remaining?

Is the Vasudan Corvetted that looks like the searcher 1 from buck rogers, err the mandes i think it was called remaining? i always liked that corvette.
The entire R1 Vasudan stuff was replaced. The Odin is still around as well as all the EA ships.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Odin is cool, like most of R1 models. They need only a few more polys.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
:(

Vesuvius was cool, back in the day. HTLed it could be awesome again.

excuse me but i must register my disagreement

The Vesuvius was well let me by frank with my opinion of it first I have the following good things to say
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:22:33 pm by General Battuta »

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Aaawww WOW the Odin's still in cool! any chance of peekie please ;)

So the entire Vasudan fleet has been replaced? wow

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm surprised that you didn't keep the Apothess, Tanen, or Asarte.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I'm surprised that you didn't keep the Apothess, Tanen, or Asarte.

Apothess - yes
Tanen - no
Asarte - no

We are systematically phasing out all our blocky ships (those made up of several cubes and an octotoad glued together and stretched).  Also, the Vasudans won't play that big of a role in INF SCP with the exception of several major battles; it'll mostly be a Terran-Terran-Shivan conflict.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
EAB Lonchos
Type: Special Issue Bomber
Maneuverability: Good
Armor: Average
Primary Mounts: 3x2 + 2x2
Secondary Mounts: 2

The EAB Lonchos is the bomber of choice for elite EA bomber squadrons.  Along with the Aurora, she is at the pinnacle of EA technology and is faster and tougher than most of her GTVA counterparts.  The Lonchos is particularly dangerous in that she can easily switch from an anti-capital role attack bomber to a space superiority fighter and is thus a threat for both fighter pilots and for capital ships.

WIP:

Influences: Taiidani Interceptor, Taiidani Attack Bomber, standard EA ship design
Meaning of name: Greek noun for a spear used by Macedonian cavalry
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:41:27 am by Rampage »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Awesome! :yes: Really awesome! But needs some glowmap, something like FSK's Ezechiel would be great.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's very cool. It literally is the Taiidan attack bomber, but it's cool.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Thought the exact thing when I first saw the untextured model but yes, cool indeed.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations

Is that a bad thing? the Taiidan fighters and bombers were a awesome and brillant design. I like it!  :yes:

Will the EA strikecraft have some form of uniformity to them or will they as random in design to Freespace 2  Terran strikecraft?

I can't wait to see some video footage of the new assets in action, however long it takes! I have been following Inferno since day one, even contributed a model.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
The mesh and textures are good, but... I can't help it. I just totally hate to say that, but inspiration is one thing, blatant rip-off is an other. HW1 deserves better than that.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Apothess - yes
Well 'technically' no, there is an Apothess but its not the same model as the R1 version.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
The Apophis?

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Will the EA strikecraft have some form of uniformity to them or will they as random in design to Freespace 2 Terran strikecraft?
EA strikecraft roughly share a common theme.  This actually was an accident of development: when we did not have dedicated texturing staff, we splayed one common texture onto all our EA fighters and bombers.

The mesh and textures are good, but... I can't help it. I just totally hate to say that, but inspiration is one thing, blatant rip-off is an other. HW1 deserves better than that.

Definitely we agree with you.  However in our defense, although the first thing one would see from this mesh is the Taiidani influence (mainly through the signature tail fins), but we did not hack into a Homeworld model and modify it for our purposes (we'll leave that to the HW2FS total conversion projects out there).  Instead we created an entirely new mesh based off of fanon concept art from HW.  And of course, should one compare this mesh with those of Taiidani ships from HW1, one will immediately spot the differences as well.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Apothess - yes
Well 'technically' no, there is an Apothess but its not the same model as the R1 version.
Same basic idea though, right... long-range single mega-beam destroyer?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yes