Author Topic: WiiWare Must Die  (Read 5787 times)

Offline sayoqod

As for Oracle of Seasons and comparing it to La-Mulana...uh, what?  They may both have puzzles, but they are very different games.  It is possible to love them both, for their own identities.  I actually enjoyed Tingle's Rupeeland, which probably makes me one of the weirdest guys in the thread.

Sayoqod:  You seem interested in Zelda trivia, so here is a link to a video that talks about a series of Zelda games on the SNES that didn't appear in America.  The games used a satellite system, with a whole bunch of issues...and voice acting.  Heh, it takes the video some time to get around to the games proper, but is interesting to watch in my opinion.

16-Bit Gems:  BS Zelda
http://www.clanofthegraywolf.com/16-bit-gems/20

And I don't think I implied that they were. I just think that the graphics in the ad posted were similar enough that it would remind me about the Oracles.

Thanks for the link! Definitely dragging my GB out when I next go back home :D

Side note: I'm minoring in Japanese. He hurts my ears a bit when he tries :P
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:14:08 pm by sayoqod »
" Twas brillig and the slithy toves/did gyre and gimble through the wabe/ all mimsy were the borogroves/ and the mome raths outgrabe"

That part was mostly to respond to Blood Eagle about La-Mulana VS Oracle. 

I actually often find that games that have an strong art direction are often very good.  Yoshi's Island, Iji, Aquaria, Braid, and many other games are ultimately the result of many separate elements working together effectively, but the graphical style is what really makes the initial sell.  So I can see why the MSXy version of La-Mulana could appeal to you.

One of the things that initially attracted me to La-Mulana was that it had puzzles like Zelda, which was one of the things that made me try it.  The other reason is that Gideon Zhi, a major coordinator of videogame translations, was the one who translated Cave Story and La-Mulana.  As a gamer, I basically feel that he is similar to Miyamoto, Will Wright, or Hideo Kojima in terms of what he does for my hobby.  I usually give his translations a spin, and discovered a fairly good number of awesome games and series as a result.

Offline sayoqod

Cool. I'll have to give it a go :)
" Twas brillig and the slithy toves/did gyre and gimble through the wabe/ all mimsy were the borogroves/ and the mome raths outgrabe"