Author Topic: Best Game Soundtrack  (Read 19611 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
:lol:, for me it's probably

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune (both first and second)
MW2: Mercenaries
Crusader series (really old lmao...)

Can't think of any more right now. xD
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 04:28:08 am by asyikarea51 »
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Gotta say, Christopher Frankes' unreleased soundtrack from Babylon 5 - Into the Fire - Space Combat Simulator has the best music composed for any game. Though I give it a substantial amount of B5 extra points.

If we don't count that. Final Fantasy VI, Super Castlevania IV or Chrono Trigger has the most influential music for my tastes.
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Quake 1, nothing like the metalic sounds of trent reznor  8)
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
Gotta say, Christopher Frankes' unreleased soundtrack from Babylon 5 - Into the Fire - Space Combat Simulator has the best music composed for any game. Though I give it a substantial amount of B5 extra points.
:yes: You wouldn't happen to have the rarer, longer versions of the combat tracks?  I need them!

Woot, Crusader series!  Old but awesome.  Heh, I've been following one of the music composers ever since.  He also did the bar music from Freelancer, made a couple albums in an electronic project called the alpha conspiracy, and is in a band called Iris now.  heh, you'd think I was stalking him?  Nah, I just love his style. :D

I rather like anything by Jesper Kyd (the Hitman series, and others).  His Russian martial music for Freedom Fighters was awesome.  I get some strange looks blasting that loud :lol:

Man I could go on all day.  Marty O'Donnel, Bill Brown, Jack Wall, Jeremy Soule and more... It's just awesome that composers now spend such effort on music we can enjoy in all these games... it's not just little bleeps any more!  (Though mind, even the NES had some great stuff, like Contra :yes:)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Tim Follin's soundtrack to Ghouls N' Ghosts is exceptionally well crafted. I'm tempted to say a masterpiece but I'll stop short of that. Chris Hülsbeck's Apidya soundtrack is extremely funky, as is the Last Ninja 2 soundtrack. Can't remember the composer of the last one.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
:yes: You wouldn't happen to have the rarer, longer versions of the combat tracks?  I need them!

Yes, I do. I've tried to contact Chris Franke with the help of FirstOnes.com community to get an official word out whether it is ok to release them to public. Unfortunately I haven't received any response from Franke or JMS. Guess I should resurrect the torrent which was submitted for FirstOnes.com community.
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Weee.

-Hitman: Blood Money
-Medal of Honor series
-Halo series (particularly "Follow: Movement of the First Odyssey" and "The Last Spartan.")
-Splinter Cell series
-Far Cry: Instincts: Evolution
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Freespace 1/2
Halo 1
Prey
Unreal/Unreal Tournament series
Duke Nukem 3D
FF7
Derek Smart is his own oxymoron.

the Splinter Cell [EDIT]soundtrack [/EDIT] was okay, but way too techno for me. The best song I've heard is on Chaos Theory when you complete a mission.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
Xenosaga Episode III.  Some of the fight themes made the room feel colder to me.  Plus, as I've heard, good game.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Freespace 2
Re-Volt
Hegemonia (Haegemonia for you European folk)
Homeworld
Homeworld 2 (I think, can't really remember it all that well)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
FF7

Okay, I have to ask...how the hell can you, can anyone, say FFVII? I have both soundtrack and game, a friend gave them to me when cleaning out their stuff, and the soundtrack is extremely unimpressive in terms of both composition and quality. Further it simply fails as a soundtrack, hearing it ingame is jarring as all hell. It's a bunch of crappy MIDI tunes, which even though I'm not particularly fond of that or any Final Fantasy, do not do the game justice at all. Every time I hear it I think the person who decided to do things this way should have been stood against the nearest wall and shot.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Ohhh I remember one goign way back.... Nova 7 (especially the dinosaur level)

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Okay, I have to ask...how the hell can you, can anyone, say FFVII? I

There is one absolutely beautiful track on that soundtrack. It's one of the ones that plays when you're wondering around the planet map. The thing is though that one wasn't even composed for FF7. It was mercilessly stolen from the soundtrack of Nausicaa' of the Valley of the Wind. They thought they could sneak that past me. THey thought wrong :P.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
For some reason I cannot recall any single impressive game soundtrack that would have really stood out. Meh... :sigh:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Total Annihilation, The first one...........Then Command and Conquer,- Mechanical man.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
How could I forget Rastan Saga? Check this out from the rastan.net website.

http://www.rastan.net/rastan_zuntata/rastan_zuntata_01.mp3

Nothing like going way back in time...

http://www.the-underdogs.info/games/s/silpheed/silpheed.mid
Sure it doesn't sound that great now... but it's etched in my memory.

Offline Roanoke

Metroid Prime.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Nooooooo,   Metroid 3 = sooo much better than prime.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png