Author Topic: Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU  (Read 47790 times)

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU
NEVER lower polys!
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed

Offline Solatar

Or resize it so that cargo TC 2 cargo containers fit inside that wire frame thing, and get rid of the center blocky bit? Thor, the e-mailsa re on there way. You will get 2 files.

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
We lower polies when it won't work in FS.  Yeah Hades, that would work.  I'll wait for the e-mails then.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Thor

Sorry, they bounced due to an over filed inbox (piece of S**** Outlook :mad: ).  Send them again, I cleared out space.  I'm sorry this is such a hassle.  My bad.:blah:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2002, 05:59:44 pm by 850 »

Offline Solatar

That's okay, Iit gave me some time to perfect the MOD. It now contains only fs1 weapons, but I think I forgot and left in the flak, that would be deadly with no shields, and GTI has some pretty advanced stuff......

Anyway, I'm doing it again. try to add everything you have, put it in a nother .vp, then ship it off to the site, and post a link on this thread.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Just read the thread: great mods so far, guys. I like the Fenris-esque heavy cruiser, and I'm kind of proud you're using the Barracuda. (Just remember it's Vasduan.) Plenty of good Terran stuff.
What I'd like to ask for is a Vasudan light bomber, about the same capability as the Athena or Zeus. It should look similar to the Anubis because it's from the same design team. This would be good because you don't want to send Amuns after a Leviathan, do you? (The Osiris was a later bomber to replace the amun.) I'd like to table and POF edit it, if you don't mind.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Solatar

Yes, I based the whole dang thing on your conversion, and your MOD gave me the idea. Actually, I'm usng the Barracuda as a Terran bomb, but we can make a copy and call it something else. We are also using the Fang, and Havoc. Just asking, you want to help us? Your help would be appreciated.

EDIT: fang is still Vasudan, but the Barracuda is both Terran and Vasudan. (Like the Fury and MX-50 was in fs1)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2002, 06:30:08 pm by 691 »

Offline Solatar

Its away!!!! The MOD has been sent to Thor, and he assures me it WILL work this time. Release should be EXTREMELY soon. Maybe tonight, or as late as later this week.

Offline Solatar

Thor!!! What the f_ck is the matter with your e-mail. E-mail me the info about the site, and I'll upload it my self.

Offline Thor

I not sure.  It being wierd on me and I don't like it.  Anyway, I fired off an e-mail with an alternate address, and the info on how to access the site.  I'm really sorry.:(   I'll take the computer outback and give it a good beating for you.

Offline Solatar

if you beat it, then you won't be able to get my e-mail (Again). I'll upload all of the files to the site, then you can see if I can't post them in the download section as the Beta version.

Offline Solatar

Now the upload limit of 1 mb is screwing me up.

Offline Thor

the upload limit on the site is 5mb.  That must be on your end.  apology accepted by the way.

Offline Thor

The upload limit on the hotmail address is 2mb.  I' am using 3k at the moment.

Offline Solatar

Okay, We seriously need to talk to an admin about our hosting. That would solve all of our problems.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
What I'd like to ask for is a Vasudan light bomber, about the same capability as the Athena or Zeus. It should look similar to the Anubis because it's from the same design team. This would be good because you don't want to send Amuns after a Leviathan, do you? (The Osiris was a later bomber to replace the amun.) I'd like to table and POF edit it, if you don't mind.

I'm working on a reskin of the GVB Imset for this. I just need Woomeister's permission and someone to resize it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Solatar

To keep with realism. I have named all of the ships "PV" nstead of "GV". Sorry to say this will break compatibility with Galactic Emperor's port. The other thing that will break it is the Prometheus. It isn't the S variant. I have gotten it as close to the fs1 version as I can. it is now just the plain ole' Prometheus.

Here's a list of things I'm going to do:

Fix S-Breaker color, and laser.

I MIGHT do the hornet trails like fs1, where they are blue.

I really like the Avenger sound from the port, but I'm trying to keep this real, so I'm using the original from fs1.

Vasudan Huge Turret will be red, Vasudan Turret will be that tanish color.

Import as many fs1 HUD graphics as possible.

As you can see. This will be as much an fs1 TC, as a T-V War one. If I have time after the Vega Engagement is done, I will probably take a look at Galactic Emperor's port. I'll edit the missions to support my stuff.

And ADMINS!!!!!! When is that hosting going to come into effect!!

Offline Solatar

Just a little update. The fs1 Galatea main hall is almost done. I'll just leave the Bastion out, and leave the Vasudan one. Whos knows, the Vasudan one may be of some use. I've also gotten a bunch of fs1 sounds and music to use.

EDIT: Mainhall is done.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2002, 03:17:16 pm by 691 »

Offline Thor

I think I'm going to cry. :( Oh well, just keep working on it until we can put it up.

Offline Solatar

As soon as we get out hosting, then I'l upload the whole thing. Also, Thor, do you have anything you were going to put into it? I'm planning the Beta release as a .exe.

Now I'm off to start on the briefing, campaign room, barracks, and all that good stuff.

EDIT: It is friggin awesome!!!! As soon as our hosting is up. I'll publicaly release it as Beta version.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2002, 06:02:20 pm by 691 »