FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

RELEASE: Fortune Hunters - 2259 (TBP)

(1/14) > >>

Vidmaster:
"When empires rise and fall, alliances are forged and broken, wars are won and lost, the universe gives birth to its greatest heroes. Some become legend, others are forgotten, buried in the sands of time. But all of them shaped our destiny..."

I tried to come up with some new ideas concerning briefings (->recommendations!) and story development, at least I hope so.
Have fun, people.

CAMPAIGN IS NO LONGER AVAILABE. NEWER VERSION INCLUDED IN FH 2260

FAQ:
- what is this about ? - download, play, find out!
- this is the worst campaign I've ever seen! - I like it. Go away! EDIT: A lot of other people liked it too. Conclusion: You suck!
- I noticed that bug/logical error - please mail or pm me so I can fix it. Don't be afraid, I don't bite.
- who to blame for the bugs - me. I made changes after the testers finished their work, which resulted in most of the bugs in the campaign. Next time, I know better.
- that name sounds familiar to me... - the campaign is filled with little homages to other video games and their characters. But don't be fooled: This is a serious attempt to tell a serious story in the B5 universe and chances are high that you won't identify a single one of them.
- system/planet whatever doesn't look like in the show - do it better!
- I hate the Zephyr. I don't want to fly it! - who doesn't? Be strong and survive the first missions. I gave you 300% hitpoints to prevent getting stuck because of that terrible fighter.
- I am truly masochistic and want to fly the Zephyr all the time! I just love it sssooo much - no comment
- who to flatter and thank for this ? - The ranking goes as following: 1.) JMS 2.) Volition Software 3.) The TBP team 4.)The HLP community, especially FUBAR-BHDR 5.) myself. But better ignore me and woreship the others! EDIT: On the other hand, I could use a few servants.
- will there be a sequel? -  :nod:    EDIT: DONE!
- how to install ? - download the file, unpack it and place it in your TBP folder.
- it's very hard, even on medium! - Yes, TBP isn't as easy as good old FS2. Change to easy. Some scripted events don't take place then.

The Spac:
First!!

Looks good downloading

DiabloRojo:
Aside from a few quibbles with typos/writing and one odd mission problem, having good fun with this so far!  :yes:

On the mission problem:
Spoiler:The first time through the mission to take the Brakiri cruiser, I disabled it first, then the mission ended as a failure with no debriefing.  The second time, I disarmed first and it continued properly.  I haven't looked at the mission yet, but I imagine it'll be an easy fix.

IPAndrews:
I'm looking forward to playing this. :D

Vidmaster:
yes, mission 2 is buggy, since it's not the final version. By accident, I included the wrong one in the vp. The newer version has a little bit more dialog, not that extreme purple ambient light, fewer enemies, a weaker capship, stronger wingman and a different failing script. You see, lot of stuff is missing in M2.

STILL: I wasn't able to reproduce the bug, even if the version in the vp. You say it just "ended" right away ??? Maybe you disabled it exactly when it tried to depart, I couldn't think of another explanation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version