Site Management > Site Support / Feedback

Community and Moderation Standards Discussions (Consolidated)

<< < (16/17) > >>

Bryan See:

--- Quote from: General Battuta on March 13, 2021, 10:29:03 am ---Bro are you from 1979? Double spaces only existed as a convention for typewriters. Since typewriters used monospace fonts (same space between every character) you had to indicate the beginning of a new sentence with a double. Computers don't and neither does handwritten writing.

--- End quote ---
I am not.

MP-Ryan:

--- Quote from: DefCynodont119 on March 13, 2021, 12:15:42 pm ---I think it would be good to make a point that references the main idea in this thread:
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=75164.0

Something roughly like this: (I'm terrible with words so this is super draft wip)

--- Quote ---Here at HLP we encourage constructive modding discussion. People have opinions and no matter what you do some one is not going to like what you have made or done with a mod, artwork, or asset. Take criticism for what it is and try not to make it personnel. Keep in mind it is impossible to make every one happy but it is possible to get a balanced reaction of the community if you view criticism with an open mind. People often have good ideas that you can use, and on the other side; just saying "your mod bad" does not help the creator improve their content, in short: don't escalate a release thread to a flamewar just because you or someone else doesn't like the color of a spaceship's hull.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I think we can wrap something to this effect into 4:

--- Quote ---4.  Please think before you post. We strive towards a co-operative, constructive and friendly community. Nobody can read the intent or tone behind your post; they can only read what you put into the post. When reading other people's posts that come across as rude, please also be aware of the hurdles of text-only communication, language barriers and social handicaps.  Take criticism with an open mind, and use it to improve your work. In the event that someone else posts something you find truly objectionable, report it instead of engaging or continuing to engage. If in doubt: Don't escalate. Contact a moderator instead.
--- End quote ---

On the lighter side...  I was born well after 1979, still learned to type on a computer and prefer to double-space between sentences, and have every intention to continue doing it now that I know how much it annoys Battuta  :lol:  Maybe I'll triple-space future posts...  :p

Cobra:

--- Quote from: MP-Ryan on March 14, 2021, 08:32:59 pm ---On the lighter side...  I was born well after 1979, still learned to type on a computer and prefer to double-space between sentences, and have every intention to continue doing it now that I know how much it annoys Battuta  :lol:  Maybe I'll triple-space future posts...  :p

--- End quote ---

Double-spaces are only for FreeSpace missions. I move for a ban on affronts to sensibilities. :P

Colonol Dekker:
I was taught double spaces after full stops in primary school.  I was also told every medium should adhere to the rule.

But I'm also lazy and leave most grammar nowadays to my android phone 😭

MP-Ryan:
Okay, after a delay due to my work life being nuts, and a bunch of finagling the forum moderation system to shuffle posts around, the new standards are now posted and in effect.  This topic has been unlocked to allow for any other feedback and commentary going forward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version