Author Topic: Really old campaign availability  (Read 22954 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Re: Really old campaign availability
I ran through Titan earlier and found two glaring bugs (nay, two show-stoppers)

The first is that in Counter-Intelligence (the mission with the NeoIntel evacuation), Iota wing bumps around at the NeoIntel Station (i.e. three small Elysium transports repeatedly bump the station) and never move onto their objective.  I had to cheat and use a Morning Star to move them.  They'll possibly need waypoints instead of an immediate departure order.

Secondly, there's no Titan03.pof included with the download, which is what the TBM specifies for the Titan.  There's a TitanComplete, but no Titan03.  It's a rather bit of a showstopper, as TitanComplete is not apparently what is necessary.l
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Crap.  Here's the POF
Titan3.zip

I'll look into the transports.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:11:07 pm by Admiral Nelson »
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I'll take a look at that transport problem, too, when I get back from work... I have a sneaking suspicion.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I don't have it, but HLP probably has it somewhere in the archives - don't forget Technological Superiority :)

Offline neoterran

we really need to go on and clean up sol a history. it needs nameplates, new sun (which just got made btw) and new planets.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I been trying to find pandora's box and Allied forces(like it for some reason) myself for a quite some time haven't been able to find so far.
I have both of these campaigns lying around my missions directory; however, the two .zip files for Pandora's Box seem to be corrupted.  If someone knows of some sort of archive recovery program, I could try using it on them to see if I can get the data out.  Here's Pandora's Box, at any rate.

I don't have it, but HLP probably has it somewhere in the archives - don't forget Technological Superiority :)
It looks like TS episode 1 is still available through the HLP hosted site via FilePlanet.  I'm assuming that that was the only portion that was ever completed; I don't have any other episodes lying around myself.

I'd be willing to lend some help to this initiative, as my time and abilities allow.  I may not be able to do to much on the FREDding or artwork side of things, but I can at the very least track down bugs and determine which systems missions occur in for background purposes.  It'd give me an excuse to play all of these older campaigns I have lying around, too. :)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I been trying to find pandora's box and Allied forces(like it for some reason) myself for a quite some time haven't been able to find so far.

it's nice to see that at least some old Campaings are getting face lift good job on that :yes:

Here is Allied Forces I posted it on Hades combine. http://hades-combine.com/web/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=261
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Nuclear1

it's nice to see that at least some old Campaings are getting face lift good job on that :yes:

Here is Allied Forces I posted it on Hades combine. http://hades-combine.com/web/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=261

You are a good man for posting that.

I'm off to do some serious playing now. :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Is Allied Forces different from the Jake Wars 1 & 2? The mission design in those was so bad it made me laugh.

Offline Nuclear1

Is Allied Forces different from the Jake Wars 1 & 2? The mission design in those was so bad it made me laugh.

Allied Forces is 1000% better than JW.  It follows the same storyline, as it is a revamp, but it's much better than the originals.  I actually had fun playing that one.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Heh, Allied Forces reminds me of a MOD by brother's making (and forcing me to play :p)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
How about Warzone? I really want to revamp that campaign...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Admiral Nelson

This is what I have for Warzone:
Warzone:

Created all needed nameplates, and did backgrounds for all the canon systems in the campaign (about half of all missions).  There are three non canon systems in the campaign for which new backgrounds are needed.  Warzone also uses custom planets, which are terribly low rez these days and should be replaced.  The GTE Vidar model used isn't bad looking, but its textures are incredibly low rez and lack shine / glow maps.  There are a very few issues with some missions to fix.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I have a couple of campaigns that I recorded ages ago (and I actually know where they are :P) if anyone is interested, they are: Pandora's Box, Homesick, Renegade Ressurgence and Warzone, I played all except Homesick on 3.6.8 and dont remember any bugs whatsoever.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
You can count on me if you want to revamp Warzone. It was the first not-canon campaign I played and I really liked it...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Admiral Nelson

Here is the WIP Warzone:

Download

Here is the to do list:

Properly align planets and stars for missions 1-7
Create new backgrounds for Kaus Borealis, Gienah Cygni and Naos
Create high rez planets to replace old custom planets
Create high rez textures / shinemaps/ glowmaps for GTE Vidar
Spelling and Grammar fixup
Review all missions for bugs (there are at least a few in there)

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
If you're going to create high rez planets, please dont replace that old lava planet, that one is really cool.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Lol...that 1-7 means missions 1 and 7 or missions 1 through 7? :lol:

I can:
Create backgrounds, LS nebulae are welcome.
Adjust backgrounds.
Review missions for bugs.
Make the campaign better using advanced SEXPs, when they're needed.
Recruit voice actors.
Create cutscenes(creating good cutscenes means adding text, it's not always necessary).
I can't:
Create textures.
Grammar check

Ok, I'm in.... but the revamp should be coordinated well. Bob-san has created a forum(I do basically everything there...Steadfastm ROTP, INFR1...) where we can discuss about the upgrade. What do you think?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Admiral Nelson

I can take care of the background stuff and grammar.  I added the LS backgrounds to missions one through seven, but did not go back and make sure that the planets were lit correctly.

I think a careful run through of the missions noting anything weird or broken (for instance in the mission "Northwest Passage", the Tatenen never is able to destroy the Shivan corvette), would do to make it ready for rerelease.

It would be nice to have upgraded planets that preserved as much of the appearance as possible of the old ones, just in higher resolution.

What other forum do you want to use?  The advantage of a thread in this forum is that it provides a consistent place for people to come and view progress into the rehabilitation of old campaigns.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Maybe you're right...we need the support of other HLP members....but we can't use HLP for everything. Once we form up a team, we should move to TSP. We can't post everything here.

Ok when I have time I play the campaign.

I can create backgrounds, but not like you...you have that member title...there must be a reason(I have that member title because of my nick, but it's ok for a guy that scrapped about 30 missions... :lol: ).

The voice actors I have recruited for INFR1 can work on Warzone instead since revamping INFR1 is not a priority at the moment.
The Lightblue Ribbon