Author Topic: TVWP FAQ  (Read 108503 times)

Offline CaptJosh

Here's a question that hasn't been asked, I think.

Is there any plan to link the continuity of this campaign to Cardinal Spear?
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
No, not really.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Why not hire GT-Keravnos to help you out? :nervous:
I may do that. More the merrier really, though hiring usually means money, and money is sadly restricted for me at the moment (saving for RL stuff).

Here's a question that hasn't been asked, I think.

Is there any plan to link the continuity of this campaign to Cardinal Spear?
I did consider this on one ocassion, but one or two aspects (flak on the Typhon etc) do not work and a lot of its content had to use origional models (Angel having Valk body etc) due to its age. Part of me likes the idea of adopting some of its ideas, such as the Plasma cannon, but it wouldn't follow the Cardinal Spear storyline if we did, more bring Cardinal Spear's ideas into our own campaigns.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline starlord

Simple question, but is blase russel still having an eye on TWVP? He was a potent writer...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Offline T-Man

As far as i know, Blaise's departure is temporary while he completes studies at University, so he should return eventually.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
He told me that he was in his third year of University in 2007.  I don't think he'll be back....
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
That's sad. I was looking forward to his remake of S:AH...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Where're you guys at these days? Is there still activity behind the scenes?

Also, 2 actual questions:
1. Are you planning to release in chronological order?
2. With the U-War release now considered separate to TVWP canon, has the shipset you're using for the early part of the TV War changed vs. that which was used in the U-War release?
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline T-Man

The truth, right now not a great deal; i imagine a lot of the team are either busy with RL or busy with the more active projects. Hopefully things will pick up later on; we're down but not out, i'm not going to give up on this. I can't really moan at people for not being here even if i wanted to anyway (just signed up for an MA over here, which eats into a lot of my time). I certainly havent helped either not posting up anything for the fans; Sorry guys.

To answer your questions anyhow (though i can only answer from my perspective for the moment);
1 - Probably not. The team agreed we want to move onto later aspects of the timeline and do them first (the actual T-V war namely :lol:). Our next release therefore to be a later campaign in the storyline, which we hope will deliver what people want.
2 - The two projects will still be canon-linked, but assuming we keep to our previous plans, the first releases will likely be slightly different 'versions' of that canon. There was general agreement that the U-War content is quite dated and could do with a revamp to reach modern standards, and i myself had a few new ideas i wanted to add into the mix (more cosmetic than serious gameplay shifts). To try and stop the project freezing however the decision was to continue with our current storyline and develop the new U-War canon at the same time; when the latter catches up to the former, we can re-release any old-storyline campaigns to take into account the new content, though it is likely very little will change.

Sorry again for keeping our fans out of the lurch! I will try not to let people down in future.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:57:46 am by T-Man »

Blar, I thought some guys were going to hit up TVWP after ST:R was released, though, maybe they already DID hit it up and that resulted in the subsequent UW releases? Either way it will be cool when this is actually released. I remember having quite a bit of fun with ML-16 lasers and the like back in the FS1 days of no shields.

That being said, I don't need to know the entire backstory like morpheous or mobius or whatever his name is (can't remember). I'll stick to when's it gonna be finished questions like the rest of the noobs.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, I kind of burnt myself out on TVWP, so I handed the project leadership over to the guy who seemed most enthusiastic about finishing it. :nervous:

Question..
Do you need Help.. with Tech Data Entry´s, Weapons Descriptions, New Weapons, Misiles Ideas, and Explanations "How Work" ???  and those class of things?
 ^^

Call ME! ^^

Offline T-Man

Question..
Do you need Help.. with Tech Data Entry´s, Weapons Descriptions, New Weapons, Misiles Ideas, and Explanations "How Work" ???  and those class of things? Call ME! ^^
Sadly, those are all the things we arn't having problems with. Our main problems were lack of modellers and lack of time to dedicate as virtually the entire team including me suddenly became ultra-busy (I somehow thought it'd be smart to go enrol in an MA :banghead:). Hoping i'll be able to get back into it though after my workload drops and really give this project its due. Bit crud for my first outing as leader, but there ya go. Project inactive, but not dead by a long shot.

Don't be afraid to ask some of the other active teams though; some of them might be looking for your services.

so you have lost your writer, hmmm i very much love all of the releases of this project, and have been following it off and on for the past 3 years, i loved the part in the original game with no shields and a less forgiving atmosphere of flight, where if you turned wrong it hit an asteroid you quickly became little peices of space dust and wreckage after a small piff of an explosion. Though i would rather wait and see this final product without knowing how it is supposed to run, i do not want this project to be unfinnished, i do not know much as far as modeling of mission editing, but my main profession is a science fiction novelist. and i would love to help this group in any way, I have also been told that I have an authorative voice, and have done some voice acting for some games as well as anime ova.

I am available almost any day seeing as my current job puts me in front of my computer whenever i get the notion to write. please let me know, or call me 8282792630, and let me know any time any day, even months or god forbid years from now.