Author Topic: TVWP FAQ  (Read 108515 times)

Offline starlord

Oh: I thought keeping chronological might be able to actually witness all the starting events of the war... Pity!

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Explain this. In terms of storytelling, what does it mean? How are you going to describe the Conversation?

I can't say how it will be presented because I don't know yet.  Still working on that.  The point is that WHAT went wrong (what was said, who shot first, etc) is not as important as WHY it went wrong, the events leading up to it and why the war was the result.  The latter is actually more interesting and will lead to a better story in the long run.  Probably make the whole thing that much more tragic as well.

Oh: I thought keeping chronological might be able to actually witness all the starting events of the war... Pity!

Sadly, we likely won't be going chronological as we want to produce a new campaign sooner rather than later.  Given we'd have to build the entire early Vasudan fleet (model wise) for the start of the war, it was felt best to start from later on in the war where we have more FS1 ships to draw from.  We WILL get to start of the war (probably sooner rather than later) but not first.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline starlord

Oh, excellent then! :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Q: We'll we get to respect or hate the Vasudans in TVWP? Are they going to be any cruel? That said, considering the two species, which will play the role of the bad guys in TVWP?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Offline Snail

• SC 5
In FS1 there seemed to be a kind of propaganda campaign going on in the tech room, describing GTA ships as symbols of Terran power and shining beacons of stability. Something like that could be used to make the Vasudans seem like the bad guys at first, but have the propaganda unravel as the campaign continues.

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
Q: We'll we get to respect or hate the Vasudans in TVWP? Are they going to be any cruel? That said, considering the two species, which will play the role of the bad guys in TVWP?

It'll depend on the time period, circumstances and which side you happen to be playing at the time.  We probably won't deal with war atrocities, so reasons to "hate" won't be around.  Fear though, there will be plenty of that.  Hopelessness, despair, resigned to fate, anger, and jubilation will all be there, but hate, probably not.

---------

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Q: Can we expect planetary bombardments and such? There's enough evidence in FS1 indicating that Terrans (and Vasudans?) may have bombarded planets.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
Q: Can we expect planetary bombardments and such? There's enough evidence in FS1 indicating that Terrans (and Vasudans?) may have bombarded planets.

I don't know, depends on what we can get to work.  The subject will be brought up, but whether you participate in it or not is another story.

---------

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Q: Are you planning to create dossiers and fanfics about relevant ships and VIPs, both Terrans and Vasudans?

Q: Who's the average Terran pilot? Age, skills, phrases he/she will come out with, etc. etc.? What do the Terrans think of the GTA, especially when the conflict begin to exceed expectations?

Q: Same as above, but replace Terran with Vasudan. What do the Vasudans think of the Parliament, and how does that influence their tactics and behavior?

Q: Are we going to know more about ground warfare in FreeSpace?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
Q: Are you planning to create dossiers and fanfics about relevant ships and VIPs, both Terrans and Vasudans?

Nothing super detailed, though you might get some interesting fluff about each campaign, as well as relevant tech room entries.

Q: Who's the average Terran pilot? Age, skills, phrases he/she will come out with, etc. etc.? What do the Terrans think of the GTA, especially when the conflict begin to exceed expectations?

Q: Same as above, but replace Terran with Vasudan. What do the Vasudans think of the Parliament, and how does that influence their tactics and behavior?

Sorry, you'll have to create your own answers to much of that.  That is far beyond the scope of this campaign project.

Q: Are we going to know more about ground warfare in FreeSpace?

You'll probably hear about it, but not much beyond that.

---------

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Q: Will we play a given character's role? Or we'll be the classic, anonymous Alpha 1?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
Q: Will we play a given character's role? Or we'll be the classic, anonymous Alpha 1?

Classic anonymous.

---------

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What about the atmosphere? Will it try to emulate FS1's distinctive feel or will it forge its own unique character?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Classic anonymous.

what I want to play $callsign!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
what I want to play $callsign!

Not until you consistently capitalize all your posts!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

This is going to sound somewhat impatient and it will be, not because I don't appreciate the effort already done by Admiral Nelson Goober 5000 and others, still I gotta ask, when is the next installment available?

Just watched this,
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/03/30/the-secret-history-of-volition.aspx

and upon seeing what made Volition (otherwise known as  :v: in these here parts) create Freespace I+II for us to have, well, just makes me impatient.

Believe you me, every bit of your hard work is appreciated. Every single bit (ok, and byte  :lol:). We (speaking of myself and all the lurkers, I hope) love what you guys are making, or we wouldn't be here, would we now? That's just a note of encouragement, knowing what you have to go through, meddling with FRED and every other aspect of production that has to take place for another installment that we get to play (and not even appreciate at the least). I have to side with the lurkers here, because I am waiting for more chapters to be released before taking the plunge to simply install and play it. Still, what you make we will play, or most of us will at any rate.

If you want to be ready for Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn, then download and play the prologue first.

Here,

http://www.wcsaga.com/downloads/files/download/releases-prologue-setup-exe.html

Then, while waiting for the Darkest dawn, Download Starshatter 4.02

http://www.starshattermods.com/infusions/pro_download_panel/download.php?did=214

You 'll understand why once you have.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm not on TVWP any more, but after the 'Unification War' releases, the general feeling was that the project was not of high enough quality. (Unification War was...pretty shaky.) I believe T-Man has taken things back to the drawing board and will be moving the focus of the campaign to the actual T-V war in a sort of reboot.

The old releases have been dropped from continuity.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
I am planning a reboot (nothing overtly major, more updating to modern standards and perhaps smatterings of new models than anything) its just been delayed slightly due to RL changes (in my case going from unemployed to full-time, ouch :lol:) so i can only really do weekends, hope i can get down to it now i'm settled in though. The big trick at the moment is balancing out concepts with what's realistically achiveable and bringing on board all the team's ideas and feelings. It's a slow process i'm afriad, but it is happening; this project is not going to die on you! :lol:

I really should make a proper announcment about what's happening ASAP; i've not been the best mod leader so far have I. :rolleyes:
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Why not hire GT-Keravnos to help you out? :nervous: