Author Topic: Is it possible to continue this project  (Read 6528 times)

Is it possible to continue this project
I for myself would really like to be able to play a pre FS1 war. I enyjoed playing the unification war a lot and would really like to continue this project if noone minds. Would be glad if I could get the dev datas from the orginal developers or at least there "green light". Hope to hear from you guys.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Is it possible to continue this project
There are two members, T-Man and Solatar, who have both proposed continuing the project with new missions and stories.  Unfortunately, neither one has created anything yet.

If you are interested in continuing the project, we would love to see what you create.  However, we can't simply grant you access to the project without knowing anything about you.  (Especially as you only have one post.)  Instead, I would recommend that you try to produce a few missions of your own.  Alternatively, you could send a message to T-Man or Solatar to see what they say.

Offline Solatar

T-Man is the last person officially heading the project, but that was a year or two ago.  I've been working on some stuff for Operation Thresher in the past couple months, but RL is always an issue for me and I've gotten a job since originally posting my intent to create Thresher in the internal.  My content and art creation abilities aren't quite up to the same standards as a major, modern campaign, so I don't have a lot of flashy stuff to show off.  Since there's really no "team" left, I haven't been uploading any half-finished work for critique, as there's nobody to comment on it.

If you'd be interested in assisting with my endeavor, let me know (there's some story stuff and a Beta mod-pack + mission concept in the internal).  I wouldn't mind a little help.  On the other hand, if you have a clear idea of something you want to create in mind, and the motivation to pull something off, showing off a mission or two like Goober suggested would be a great way to gain some traction.  If you've got an awesome idea and the motivation to pull it off, I'd also love to see what you come up with, and I wouldn't let my snail's pace stuff get in the way of a release.

Thanks for the reply guys. Iam working on a small campaing at this moment and will post it up once its finished. I see that iam an unknown guy around here. Im working with fred 2 and my own mods since a few years and now felt that its time to move onto the next level which would be an offical mod or campaing which other people can play too. I dont have to much expierince with creating a whole new mod but I thought I could try my hand on this one . I do have some ideas of my own but would also be happy if I could assist someone in a project.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I suspect that anyone seeking assistance would ask you to provide some samples of your work anyway.  So in that sense you can't go wrong by publishing a few missions or a small mod of your own.  Build your resume. :)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Greetings. Your more than welcome to develop on anything you wish; hopefully the pre-FS projects here will get rolling again over the next few months so your more than welcome to join us as we do; more the merrier!

I really do owe everyone an apology concerning my presence here as of late. I've been doing a Masters course these past two years that has taken up a lot of my time and mind (finishing at last this year though!), so I can at least promise you it isn't laziness, but it's no excuse really end of the day; I was truly chuffed when I was given a leadership role here and I've left people in the lurch for way too long. I've said in the past I've probably been the worst mod leader on here and I don't feel I exaggerate saying so (meh, s'pose someone has to be, right? :o). Hope I can make it up to anyone who feels I've let them down; I want to see these projects (TVWP and U-War) through to the end!

I feel I should do a more formal public announcement to the community at some point soon (Weekend at latest; you have my word on that!); you guys, and also everyone else out there deserve an explanation, and I could do with actually pulling my weight and coming out of the backstage for a change!

Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Lorric

I for one hope this project continues. I'm just sayin'  :D