Author Topic: You know you've played too much Freespace when...  (Read 26907 times)

Re: You know you've played too much Freespace when...
* When your multiple personalities possess spacecraft packing advanced Beam weapons.
'And anyway, I agree - no sig images means more post, less pictures. It's annoying to sit through 40 different sigs telling about how cool, deadly, or assassin like a person is.' --Unknown Target

"You know what they say about the simplest solution."
"Bill Gates avoids it at every possible opportunity?"
-- Nuke and Colonol Drekker

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
* i have no response to that last statement/ admission :shaking:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Eat this:

when-argument
random-of
<follows the list of your classmates,you are included>

is-event-true-delay
StartTheInterrogations

call-classmate-for-test
<argument>
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
:wtf:
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Whats wrong?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Dysko

Maybe because we all hate interrogations? :D

Returning on the topic: you know you have played too much FreeSpace when you write the invitation to your birthday party with the Stop font (this is real, I can even send you a copy) and, for the same party, you order a shipment of Bosch Beer (well... this is not very real, but... :D).
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
When you tell people that they should get Bosch Beer, and you write that you can't wait for INF:A or ITDoH to come out... in a journal.  :nervous:

when you understand .5% of this topic...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!
when you understand .5% of this topic...

MY BRAIN! TEH FIRE!
Come on now, be honest. Wouldn't you all rather listen to your hairdressers than Hercules? Or Horatius? Or Orpheus? All those old bores! people so lofty they sound as if they s**t marble! - Mozart, Amadeus

You know you've played too much Freespace 2 when you start thinking you're Alpha 1 during everyday tasks.

What? He can do anything! :nervous:

that i do with all my video games... gets annoying sometimes  ::)

You know you've played too much freespace when the second you hit the hay there's a film real that starts that your cant get out of you're head and it goes over and over and you just want it to stop and you beat yourself up but you cant get rid of it because you also like watching youself take down a juggernaut every 5 seconds with different fighters/bomber, loadouts and friendly cap ships.....  :hopping:

sorry that was so long..... that is what happens to my EVERY NIGHT!  :D
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

yea, I sometimes dogfight Shivan fighters or bombers going after my ..... precious Deimos-class Corvette

you see this as someone's sig:

Eat, sleep, get drunk, Freespace..... anything more to life?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
When someone introduces themselves to you, you greet them with a Welcome Beam and speech.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

when you get such title:

Can't tell time

because you posted in 2006 on a forum that ended in 2002......

which, ironically, was an old topic titled: You know you play too much Freespace when.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Dysko

You know you have played too much FreeSpace when a classmate asks you: "When will FS3 come out?" and your reaction is to throw him in this:

Yes, that is in my classroom :nervous:
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

yea, I sometimes dogfight Shivan fighters or bombers going after my ..... precious Deimos-class Corvette

you see this as someone's sig:

Eat, sleep, get drunk, Freespace..... anything more to life?

HEY! THAT'S MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :hopping:

Will someone plz give me a welcome beam??  :(
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

here
:welcome:

happy? no welcome speech for you...you asked for it, you DON'T get it.

and i know it's your sig. it's funny, true, and you have played too much Freespace...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline KappaWing

• Lost in the nebula
Spartan, don't be a jerk.

Incoming jump signature, newbie configuration.

Setting cannons to target Titan. Commence plasma core insertion.

FIRE!

:welcome:

Welcome to Hard Light Productions!   ;)

Exits are to your right and left, and flamethrowers are under your seat. Be careful, though, as they are sometimes filled with water. If this is the case, try to club someone with the non-working shotguns in the weapon closet. Also, be careful while wandering the ventilation shafts, because sometimes Carl the Shivan lurks in there. If you happen to come across him, just toss him your lunch and hope that it satisfies him. If it doesn’t… pray. In the event of an emergency, you can and will be used as a flotation device.  The Plasma rifles in the forward locker are released only under authorization of an Admin, [V] God, and/or hyperintelligent shade of the color blue. Finally, don't call Kalfireth Thunder. He doesn't like to be reminded of his former schizophrenic personalities.
"Your efforts to interdict me have failed, papacy. Pentagon, engage propaganda drive."
"Now, Protestant scum, you will see the power of this fully armed and operational Papal Station!"

Titan? Try crowded Fenris. If you're a n00b reading this, stop. No, seriously, this isn't for you. STOP IT! What's up with all the new n00bs. Dark Hunter and I combined have done used the welcome beam (excluding extra-introducular activities) about 10 times in the past three days.....

Carl's going to be happy  ;7

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Will you please stop pulling me down wih you Spartan? :sigh:
(Yes, I read the tiny text. No, I'm not a n00b for doing so, merely a curious person who knows Spartan's sense of humor)

You know you've played too much Freespace been on Hard Light too long when:

You have an urge to place red lights inside the ceiling vent of your room, with a sign underneath that says: "Beware, Carl's watching".

"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"