Author Topic: Flight (HD) - YouTube  (Read 2874 times)

Offline Brennus

• Urban Legend
Flight - YouTube

(WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:59:44 am by Brennus »
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
That was a very impressive video - excellent!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Damn, that was awesome.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Nice use of track IR. Also some fancy flying, better than my mission 1 preview ;)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Very nice compare to me. :)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Is that a bit of auto-aim in there, by the way? I can swear there is...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
Normal difficulty and Easy have auto aim. Advanced and beyond do not.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
That's quite novel - I'll have to get this fired up in short order, hopefully not melting my computer in the process...

:D

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline Madcat

Great video, thanks for posting!
You obviously have much more experience with TrackIR than me (I've just been using it for a few days) and putting it to great use. And how I envy you for your smooth framerate at that detail level... I clearly need a better PC! :D

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
Just watched the whole video. That nuke detonation at 7:22 above the landing pods while you were landing was hilariously epic.

Offline Brennus

• Urban Legend
First, I would like to thank everyone involved w/ the project, Diaspora is one hell of an accomplishment!  FreeSpace 2 (SCP) has come a long way, technically, and the inclusion of TrackIR support and a functional cockpit has blown me away.  Also, the near Newtonian physics are perfectly executed here, it's a game changer as far as I'm concerned.  I'm really lookin' forward to multi-player implementation, especially if a coop campaign is included.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Co-op campaign is going to take a while and might be a feature in a future full release.

A co-op gauntlet mode is something that might be in the works.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock