Author Topic: Inferno Alliance Issue  (Read 1853 times)

Inferno Alliance Issue
Hello Inferno development team. I've been a fan of Inferno ever since I downloaded R1 with the FSO Installer some time ago, but I've run into a bit of trouble getting Inferno: Alliance to work. Specifically, I have been unable to get Inferno: Alliance to show up on the SCP Launcher's mod list. I downloaded the INFA files from FreeSpaceMods.net, and my INFA folder currently consists of

-A data folder, with the subfolders cache and players, both of which are empty
-a readme folder, with the file INF, 3 .jpg images, INFA, INFAHall, and INFAHallsm, and a link to the full readme on the Inferno: Alliance website.
-the vp file 1_HTL.vp
-the vp file 2_Core.vp
-the vp file 2_Effects.vp
-the vp file INF_Alliance.vp
-the vp file Warble_FS1OGG.vp
-the bitmap image INFA
-and the Configuration settings mod

If there's anything obviously wrong with these files, or if this question has been answered somewhere else before, please let me know as soon as possible. I'm just really eager to get my hands of this mod.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
I think INFA is an older mod and doesn't have a mod.ini. Copy-paste a mod.ini from a more recent campaign and change the "modname" field to "Inferno: Alliance". Reload the launcher, and you should see INFA there and ready to play.

And nice to see a fellow fan of R1! :) HUGE BEAMS for the win! Wish there were more campaigns in that delightfully over-the-top style!
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Thanks for the information you provided. As it turns out, the download I had DID have a mod.ini file, but it was broken  :banghead:. Thankfully, replacing the mod.ini with one from another mod and copy-pasting the information over did the trick  :D. I should also mention that I encountered this same problem trying to get R1 from FreeSpaceMods.net, the version that I got to work was from FSO Installer.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Well, good to know you've got it working! :cool:
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial