Author Topic: Using Kilrathi ships in missions: Partial success, need advice  (Read 2757 times)

Offline srpest

Using Kilrathi ships in missions: Partial success, need advice
As an experiment, I used VPMAGE and enabled a Dralthi by setting the "player ship" flag.  But oddly, when running a mission, it has no guns.  The missiles are there and usable, but not the guns. I made sure the ship was not disarmed by FRED during mission creation.

I examined what table fields were in the Confed flyable ships that were not in the Kilrathi ships, such as $Allowed PBanks, $Default PBanks, etc, and set those, as shown below.

I checked the weapons table, and all the guns are usable by the player.  I even enabled the Claw IR for player use, though it still worked without that flag being set.  So I ask, has anyone else tried this and had this problem?  If so, what did you do to solve it?

Here is my Dralthi table for reference.

$Name: Dralthi MK4
$Short name: Dralthi
$Species: Shivan
+Tech Description:
XSTR("Enduring decades of revision, the current generation of Dralthi is the baseline medium fighter along the Kilrathi front. Although earlier versions of the fighter could match speed and agility with previous Arrow variants, the fourth generation is more heavily armored, armed, and shielded and, as a result, is slower and less maneuverable. Initially compared to the Thunderbolt VII, the Dralthi’s Confederation counterpart is more likely the slightly better-equipped Hellcat V. While considered inferior in just about every category to contemporary Confederation fighters, the bat-winged Dralthi is still utilized to great effect by Kilrathi pilots working in tandem flights or in large packs.", -1)
$end_multi_text
$POF file: KIF_Dralthi_MK_IV.pof
$Detail distance: (0, 250, 500)
$Show damage: YES
$Density: 1
$Damp: 0.5
$Rotdamp: 0.6
$Max Velocity: 0.0, 0.0, 67.0
$Rotation time: 5.9, 4.8, 5.9
$Rear Velocity: 0.0
$Forward accel: 0.5
$Forward decel: 0.5
$Slide accel: 0.0
$Slide decel: 0.0
$Expl inner rad: 25.0
$Expl outer rad: 55.0
$Expl damage: 15.0
$Expl blast: 210.0
$Expl Propagates: NO
$Shockwave Speed: 95.0
$Shockwave Model: f_shockwave.pof
$Allowed PBanks: ("Meson" "Particle")
$Allowed Dogfight PBanks: ("Meson" "Particle")
$Allowed SBanks: ("Claw" "Claw")
$Allowed Dogfight SBanks: ("Claw" "Claw")
$Default PBanks: ( "Meson" "Particle" )
$Default SBanks: ( "Claw" "Claw")
$SBank Capacity: ( 20, 20 )
$Shields: 480
$Shield Color: 255 92 92
$Power Output: 2.0
$Max Oclk Speed: 67.0
$Max Weapon Eng: 100.0
$Hitpoints: 310
$Flags: ( "fighter" "player_ship" )
$AI Class: Major
$Afterburner: YES
+Aburn Max Vel: 0.0, 0.0, 172.0
+Aburn For accel: 0.7
+Aburn Fuel: 200.0
+Aburn Burn Rate: 30.0
+Aburn Rec Rate: 20.0
$Countermeasures: 20
$Scan time: 2000
$EngineSnd: 132
$Closeup_pos: 0.0, 0.5, -31
$Closeup_zoom: 0.5
$Shield_icon: dralthi
$Score: 10
$Thruster01 Radius factor: 0.5
$Thruster02 Radius factor: 0.5
$Thruster02 Length factor: 0.5
$Thruster03 Radius factor: 0.5
$Subsystem: sensors, 10,0.0
$Subsystem: communications, 10,0.0
$Subsystem: engines, 15,0.0
$Subsystem: weapons, 15,0.0
$Subsystem: navigation, 5,0.0

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Using Kilrathi ships in missions: Partial success, need advice
Check that the Meson and Particle guns are "player allowed"  in weapons.tbl

Make sure that you remember to add them to the mission using the player loadout option in FRED (shift+p)

If this is a campaign mission, ensure that you've allowed the weapon in an earlier mission using the allow-weapon SEXP or that you've included it in the list of initially allowed weapons from the campaign editor (or simply play the mission in the techroom!)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
All guns are player allowed. I'd change the order of the weapon entries though, the correct order would be (Hellcat entry)

Code: [Select]
$Allowed PBanks:     ( "Ion" ) ( "Neutron" )
$Allowed Dogfight PBanks:  ( "Ion" ) ( "Neutron" )
$Default PBanks:     ( "Ion" "Neutron" )
$Allowed SBanks:        ( "Pilum FF"  "Spiculum IR" "Javelin HS" "Dart Dumbfire" )
$Allowed Dogfight SBanks:    ( "Pilum FF"  "Spiculum IR" "Javelin HS" "Dart Dumbfire" )
$Default SBanks:        ( "Spiculum IR" "Spiculum IR" )

Note that default $Default PBanks: comes before Allowed SBanks

Be sure to modify the afterburner entry to:

Code: [Select]
   +Aburn Max Vel: 0.0, 0.0, 172.0
   +Aburn For accel:       0.7
   +Aburn Fuel:            250.0
   +Aburn Burn Rate:       1.0
   +Aburn Rec Rate:        0.0
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Also if you changed tables remember to try following:

1. Try pressing 'reset loadouts' in ship selection/weapons loadout screen (button on the right)
2. Try restarting the campaign from campaign room
3. Try using a brand new pilot
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline srpest

Thank you all for your feedback.  Obviously there's more to this than merely changing a couple fields in a table.  Time to tinker. :-)

yes it lots of work i spent about 200 hours in the past trying to add a new missile to the standa game i got to work in the end but it a lot of work and it was a few years back now.

my best guess is to look at the guns that are there for the player to use. then make a entry for the NEW dralthi get it to use the Confed gun first hellcat guns.
then when you got that wokring and in the kilrathi guns. like they said you have to trun the gun on so you can use them. tec level and user palyable as well.

You need to do the same for the hellcats guns as well to get them to work, and i think you have to dralthi so it is a confed ship and not a kilrathi. i.e each side has it own guns. so if your porting a ship over you have to make a new ship set for confed and not kilrathi. 

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
dang it, dbtkenny is right, obviously you should create a new entry for the player's ship. Call it Dralthi MK IV P :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis