Author Topic: Concordia revisited  (Read 9513 times)

Offline Sphynx

For this week's Saga update, Klavs is showcasing his new take on a Wing Commander classic: the TCS Condcordia.  Klav's reports, "I've been hard at work off the radar creating all new, never before seen content for WC: Saga. Some familiar stuff, some new stuff, but all with Saga's devotion to high quality. I tried to put my own spin on the old Concordia, bringing the old ship a little more into the real world. Hope everyone enjoys it, and gets warm fuzzy memories of WC2 without getting TOO upset at the changes!"

We would also like to share two other images. One was created by Lars, showing a bridge-eye view of two Rapiers taking off from the Concordia. In the other, Klavs shows us a peek inside the Concordia's cavernous fighter bay.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 10:22:17 am by Tolwyn »
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Fix the links, the http://"<url>" makes Mozilla cry.

That said, nice model. :yes:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Sphynx

Try this, and check out our homepage at wcsaga.com. If you can't see the images here, you should be able to see them there. I'll see if I can have a more tech savvy member of the team post some better pictures. :)

Also, Klavs has posted them here: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/3d-gallery/36469-tcs-concordia.html

« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 10:23:02 am by Tolwyn »
What we perceive is more a reflection of ourselves than of our environment.

any chance of getting a shot of it doing somthing like this.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
any chance of getting a shot of it doing somthing like this.

not yet.

By the way: links fixed. :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline maje

Sadly, my Wing Commander experience has been restricted to Super Wing Commander for the Super Nintendo, and Wing Commander Prophecy and Secret Ops, so I'm not as familiar with the Concordia as I'd like to be.  Based on what I see though, it looks to be one bad-ass mother.  The texturing is well executed as is the modeling.  I look forward to seeing it in action. :yes:
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
very impressive, any chance of a download of it to replace the logo entry in Prologue?  would love to base some missions off it.  also any chance of a Bengal class?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Sadly, my Wing Commander experience has been restricted to Super Wing Commander for the Super Nintendo, and Wing Commander Prophecy and Secret Ops, so I'm not as familiar with the Concordia as I'd like to be.  Based on what I see though, it looks to be one bad-ass mother.  The texturing is well executed as is the modeling.  I look forward to seeing it in action. :yes:
Concordia was only in WC2 (and the two expansion packs).  And yes she was definitely a tough customer indeed!  In the first capital ship to capital ship battle of the Wing Commander series around mission 2 or 3 the Concordia is attacked by a Kilrathi cruiser which is dispatched courtesy of the keel mounted Phase Transit cannon.  One hit from that and bye bye cruiser.  It was great :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
She was also in the WC3 intro ;)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

When he says this all you see is the front 1/3 of the ship sticking out the sea during the opening sequence after she is shot down during battle earth as a continuity for the player's story from WC2, I.E. why is he transferring to the victory
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
If I remember it correctly the Concordia wasn't shot down during the batte of earth but at a later battle.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3

When he says this all you see is the front 1/3 of the ship sticking out the sea during the opening sequence after she is shot down during battle earth as a continuity for the player's story from WC2, I.E. why is he transferring to the victory
Not the Battle of Earth.  The Concordia survived that battle.  As I remember it was a planet called Vespus and it was during a rear guard action trying to save other Confederation ships.  The Concordia was eventually forced into low orbit and crashed.
- IceFire

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
The one crashed on Earth was like... Wellington-class or something. I don't have WCS anymore and I can't be bother to look it up right now.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
No carrier ever crashed on Earth :) And surely it was not Wellington-class. :D

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Play Wingcommander 2 again. :P

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Go play it yourself. :lol:

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Bah, you're both right. The Concordia crashed on Vespus. I didn't think it was Vespus, because when i played WC3 I couldn't understand what the hell they were saying.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Open your ears? :)
- IceFire

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:P

Seriously though, when I played it, the dialog was... muffled.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I can't remember haveing any problems...but then I have played the geman version. Maybe they spoke more clearly in that version or my meories are blured because I have heard that dialog so much that I can repeate it without hearing what they say ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"