Author Topic: Post-rock: The ultimate Freespace music?  (Read 3206 times)

Post-rock: The ultimate Freespace music?
Is anyone here familiar with post-rock? It's seriously probably the most amazing stuff going on in the music world today... bands like Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Mogwai, Do Make Say Think, Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, and, my personal favorite, Mono.

It fits perfectly with Freespace... the music adds to the mystery and beauty of space (IMO), really atmospheric:

Check out Mono's myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=1000646636

I always play this stuff when I'm playing FS2 :D.

Re: Post-rock: The ultimate Freespace music?
I love those bands. And yes, it would make a great soundtrack for FreeSpace, but I think classical music works better just because, well, its classic. 

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I would personally place, say, things actually proven to work for dogfighting over it; say the soundtrack for the remake of Area 88...which is mostly electronic. Or some of the music for Freelancer.

To say nothing of alterations to the victory and mainhall tracks; respectively I have plans in the works for hijacking MechCommander 1's mission victory music and MechCommander 2's main menu music for those.

A lot of things can be workable. Much of it depends on personal preference, and how well you match it to the mission/situation in question.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
I've never actually changed it around, but... I like BSG and Firefly/Serenity stuff, as cliche as that sounds for the genre. I use those for playing the Infinity combat prototype.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I've got a wide variety of music I find appropriate.

I don't go by genre or band, I go by song.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz