Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS  (Read 290754 times)

Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS
Haha u'r right sorry about that, I should've read the Readme better.

Do u think u can give us a preview of what's going to be included in ur next release?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Oh and one more thing, can i put the mod folders like DerelictSCP, Transcend etc in a folder of their own for example  one called mods.

At the moment you can't. In the future you will be able to.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline dborden

Well I bit on this again.  I completely removed all of my old SCP stuff from the first shivansps packs since they were having issues.

I Downloaded the new update and reinstalled the v1.5c, 1.5c-1.6 update, and then the 1.6-1.8 update and MY GOD.  Everything runs perfectly using the 4/29 build.  SAH runs great, Inferno R1 runs great, FS2 runs great.  Fantastic job Shivan.  Can't wait for your next release.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Ummm, assume i missed a load of that because,......... I missed a load of that.
For this to work, should i install over bare bonesm or patch from 3.67 ?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline neoterran

NO-ONE SHOULD USE DIRECT 3D !
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline est1895

Hello.  Could you please send me the 1.8 pack Freespace 2 SCP on a DVD and I'll pay you for it.  Name your price and I'll send a money order.  I only have dial-up. Please reply. My name is Ralph Anderson and me email is [email protected].

Thankyou for your time

Ralph

PS I live in Tacoma, WA USA and anyone who has the download, where ever they are, is ok too.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 05:56:43 pm by est1895 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You're more likely to get a response if you tell us where abouts in the world you live :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I must be stupid, i can't figure out how to DL the update from Oxyshare, theres no button.  :confused:

Offline antic

Hi all, and thanks for the amazing work in all this!

I'm having a problem after installing the 1.8 update.  I download the 1.5c torrent no problem (been keeping it seeding too).  I installed that and played, with only an occasional crash, but nothing that can't be continued again.  It's great!

But now, after installing the 1.8 update, the game crashes during load.  I load from the launcher and click RUN, then the splash screen comes up, but it's like 4 times too big and goes off the bottom-right of the screen.

This is the debug info that gets pasted into the clipboard:
Code: [Select]
Error: bad DDS file compression.  Not using DXT1,3,5 cubemap.dds
File:D:\C++\Freespace\fs2_open\code\graphics\GrD3DBmpman.cpp
Line: 503
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone advise?  I installed 1.8 into the same folder that 1.5c was installed into.  That's right, yes?

Cheers!

Just to clarify the above, I went back to fs2_open_r_Kara_20060429.exe and everything worked OK again.  Just realised that's what I needed to do, after reading the previous page of this thread.

I'm running Direct3D - tried OpenGL but immediately get the Blue Screen of Arrrgghhh when I click Run.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:49:10 pm by Jeff Vader »

Offline ShivanSpS

its because the D3D in the 17th build is broken. But will be better to find a solution to OpenGL, not only because  OGL is better, D3D is no more.

What drivers/card you are using?

Offline antic

its because the D3D in the 17th build is broken. But will be better to find a solution to OpenGL, not only because  OGL is better, D3D is no more.

What drivers/card you are using?
Thanks for the reply!  I have a Toshiba Tectra S1 laptop, which has a 64MB Radeon 9000 card.  Low end I know, but it runs smooth in D3D.  Using the Omega drivers, v3.8.231.   v3.8.252 is out now, which I'll update to soon.  Omega drivers support OpenGL.. unfortunately since it's a Blue-Screen kind of error, it may be hard to find out why it's crashing..?

Offline neoterran

Run in OpenGL, it looks better, we've got a great coder supporting it and fixing it, and Direct3D for freespace_open anyway, is pretty much finished, unless we get some direct x coders with a lot of time jump in here.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline ShivanSpS

In the launcher 5.4 SCP runs in opengl, even if you select D3D...

Anyway, I having the same problem in OGL which one of the lastest vercion of Omegas too, try the newer ones and see what happens.

If not work, search for the older vercion, personally I keep the 3.8.205, because those ones are great, 0 problems.

Offline antic

Thanks guys.  I'll try the latest Omega in OGL, if that doesn't work then I'll try v3.8.205.  And I'll see if that solves the crashing problem with release 1.8, as only 1.5c is working atm.  If it works I'll let you know.

Run in OpenGL, it looks better, we've got a great coder supporting it and fixing it, and Direct3D for freespace_open anyway, is pretty much finished, unless we get some direct x coders with a lot of time jump in here.
Well I haven't had any luck... when trying to run in OGL, I get blue-screened as soon as I hit Run from the launcher.  Same result with all 4 combinations of Omega driver v3.8.231 and v3.8.252, with exe's Kara_20060429 and Kara_20060517.

It's like... AFAIK all FS2's BSD in OGL NMW, WTF?? :)

Success, I rebooted, and OGL is working now... Kara_20060517.exe and Omega v3.8.252

And no more intermittent crashes like I was getting with D3D. Played since last post without a single crash. yay! Thanks all.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:48:13 pm by Jeff Vader »

Offline benjob

Last time I played this game was in 2001, I got right up to the last few missions then had to leave it for a world trip.

Years later I returned home from the other side of the world, married and with a 2 boys.

The other week I found this SCP Pack and decided to finish Freespace. 5 years of waiting and what a ride. This game wasn't just developed... It was crafted and has now evolved.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
:welcome:
Welcome to HLPBB yadda yadda, blah blah.
 ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

@ShivanSpS,

I've been trying to get some other people interested in the SCP by directing them to your installer.  It makes the process much easier for the uninitiated.  Thanks for your efforts.

Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble getting the 1.5c -> 1.8 update downloaded.  Oxyshare seems to recognize the download I'm looking for, but there is no link to the download anywhere on the page.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

I could just go home, burn my copy of the installer and update onto a DVD, and distribute it that way, but I don't see these people very often since we don't live in the same town.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline ShivanSpS

Its there, is a little hard to find, and hostings like Filefront dont allow me to upload my pack, their delete my files, because is "piracy".

And Oxyshare is the only that allow FTP upload/700MB/unlimited files/unlimited downloads/file life 30 days of inactivity, for free. and their does not check files, only if reported.

and, about the next full vercion of my pack/update of the current one, I still lack of stuff, there is not a good CVS to use (the last good one has been the 9th), wait the alpha fix to mediavps (I do it myself, but I not sure if works 100% ok), the inferno mod update stills in nothing, and finally, both HTL iceni and Ravana still unfinished.

By the way, please, dont send me pms about this pack, there is nothing to say in private, and if you ahve any question to will be responded faster by posting here.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 03:45:15 am by ShivanSpS »

Gah!  I can't believe it was staring me in the face the whole time.  I even read the entire spiel on loans in the hopes I'd find the link embedded in the text.  [Peri feels sheepish]

:yes: Thanks.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline kudos

Problem - the patch downloads don't seem to be working, I wait the 30 seconds for the download and then click download, and then I get a "File Not Found" error.

EDIT: Oops, my bad, seems that you can update 1.5c to 1.8 without the 1.6 patch  ::)
But the 1.5c - 1.6 patch is still down.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 01:47:25 pm by kudos »